Great time having Andrea Di Cesare, DJ Kira, and Dana and Bob from Voodoo Highway on the air. Thanks again to the students who set them up in CR-2 on short notice. Here’s the playlist.
Two recorded pieces from Andrea:
“Pop 2 Lento”
“His Second Word”
“Mississippi Half Step” (Grateful Dead cover)
“Pulaski at Night” (Andrew Bird cover)
“Londra” (Andrea / Kyra)
“Talk to Me Baby” (written by Willie Dixon and originally recorded by Elmore James)
“Better Off Alone” (Voodoo Highway original)
Here are the performances planned while Kyra and Andrea are in town.
- 7:30 p.m. Thursday: Di Cesare and Kyra will be special guests as Voodoo Highway hosts the Ransom Steele Tavern Blues Collective jam (552 Main St. in Apalachin).
- 7:30 p.m. Friday: At Owego Originals (23 Lake St. in Owego), Di Cesare and Kyra perform in the first set, joined by Voodoo Highway in the second set.
- 9 p.m. Saturday at Cyber Cafe West (176 Main St, Binghamton) will be “Ciao Jerry” featuring Di Cesare with Voodoo Highway & Company (which also includes keyboardist Curtis Kendrick) for two sets of the Grateful Dead.
- 1 p.m. Sunday: Coffeehouse show at Hinman Starbucks on BU’s Vestal campus includes Di Cesare, Kyra and Acoustic Voodoo (Stewart and Rynone on acoustic guitars).
- 7 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 6: Di Cesare and Kyra will be special guests as Voodoo Highway hosts the Thursday Night Open Jam at Red’s Kettle Inn (93 CFJ Boulevard in Johnson City).
- Friday, Dec 7: First Friday Italian Night at BU Downtown Center (67 Washington St. in Binghamton) will include an Italian-themed open mic at 6 p.m. (performers should contact Dana Stewart at email@example.com) followed by a concert with Di Cesare and Kyra (approximately 7 p.m.).
- 9 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 8, at Cyber Cafe will be the final show of the visit, with Di Cesare and Kyra, joined by Voodoo Highway in the second set.
Next week begins three-hour shows (7-10 p.m. Wednesdays) for the winter break, so I’ll start rounding up my favorite tunes of 2018.