From the Caffeine Kid:
1. For one point each, describe the plot of any of the “Doctor Who” Christmas specials.
2. According to writer David Gerrold, what was the original name for the Tribbles in the “Star Trek” episode “The Trouble with Tribbles”?
3. What is a great blue skimmer?
Bonus question: Where can one be found?
4. What were the two iconic buildings from the 1939 World’s Fair called?
5. What was the world’s first commercially licensed radio station?
6. What event led to the ball drop in Times Square on New Year’s Eve?
7. In what two years was the Times Square ball not dropped, and why?
8. What are the top three tourist destinations to ring in the New Year?
9. What do people in Italy do on New Year’s Day to bring good luck for the rest of the year?
10. In Colombia, Cuba and Puerto Rico, what New Year’s tradition helps banish bad memories from the previous year?
11. What Roman god is January named after, and why?
12. When is Orthodox New Year?
13. Why is it not January 1?
14. In ancient Egypt, what event dictated the timing of New Year’s celebrations?
15. Bad New Year’s resolution.