1. Why are aficionados called “fans?”
2. Please describe the plot of the film “The Birds.”
3. Legislature regarding “cannabis” often affects where you are allowed to smoke pot. Why?
4. What was Buddha’s name?
5. What religion worships Emperor Haile Selassie of Ethiopia?
6. What is a pith helmet meant to protect you from?
7. Why did Canada print no dollar bills in 2007?
8. How old do you have to be not to have to take your shoes off before flying?
9. What is both a kind of column and a kind of subatomic particle?
10. What is a bildungsroman?
11. What famous American author married a fourteen-year-old?
12. What was the score of the superbowl?
13. What is dadaism?
14. What is both a part of the body and a musical instrument?
15. Where are the Blue Ridge Mountains?
16. The Doge was traditionally the monarch of where?
17. What spices are in allspice?
18. Please describe the plot of the book “Caps for Sale.”
19. Certain types of electrical wiring are referred to as “male” or “female.” Why?
20. What do the 20s refer to in the phrase “20/20 vision?”
21. What parties are fighting over what in the war in Mali?
22. Name a TV show that has had a gap of five years or more between seasons.
23. Name something only one of us has read/heard/seen.
24. Heads or tails?
1. Name anything written by Kilgore Trout.
2. Albus Dumbledore has three middle names. Name one.
3. Who narrated Arrested Development?
4. Who narrated The Royal Tennenbaums?
5. Who narrated The War of the Worlds (the 2005 film)?
1) What percentage of people tilt their head to the right, compared to the left, when going
in for a kiss?
2) What percentage of long term relationships start with one or both members already in a
3) What airport is ranked the #1 for making a love connection?
4) When online dating, more women are scared of meeting a serial killer than anything else,
What are men most afraid of?
5) What is the ratio of pornographic websites to non-pornographic ones on the internet?
6) What animal product is a main ingredient in many high class perfumes?
7) Give a color of rose, and its symbolic meaning.
8) At what point in life does a man’s beard grow fastest?
9) What is the maximum number of friendships that the human brain is capable of maintaing?
10) On average, how long does it take to get over an ex?
11) How many seconds does it take for a silence to become awkward?
1. What popular psychoanalysis book was published in 1899?
2. What is a thousand year old egg?
3. What is kimchi and how is it made?
4. What is balut?
5. Which candy company is named after a shogunate?
6. What is the difference between crème brulee and flan?
7. What are tapioca pearls made of?
8. What is a béchamel sauce and how is it made?
9. Why were cornflakes made?
10. What is the first pizzeria, where is it, and when did it open?
11. What do Americans think perogi is and what is it actually?