CHRIS PLAYED BY CHARLES BERMAN
1. Many people wear a symbol on necklaces that resembles a cross but which has a loop instead of the upper half of the vertical bar. What is this?
2. Starbucks Coffee is named after a character in what famous novel?
3. Name a notable hoax.
4. What famous composer do many people believe wrote intentionally bad symphonies as a form of government protest?
5. What country has a regular TV news broadcast that is conducted in Latin?
6. Name a book which has been banned.
7. Why is champagne bubbly?
8. Charlie Chaplin’s portrayal in “The Great Dictator” was based on what real person?
9. Give a pair of class-coded synonyms.
10. Who wrote the autobiography of Howard Hughes?
11. What is the country code to call Canada? – What about Mexico?
12. What is Sharia Law?
13. Name a late night talk show host’s band leader.
14. Name an abandoned building in the Binghamton area.
15. Outside of the context of Doctor Who, what is torchwood?
16. Equal volumes of gases at the same temperature and pressure have the same number of what?
17. Name something by Mark Twain other than Tom Sawyer or Huckleberry Finn.
BONUS: Why was his autobiography not published till a hundred years after his death?
18. What are Girl Scouts called in the UK?
-What about Boy Scouts?
19. It is now considered correct by many to say refer to the country as “Ukraine” rather “the Ukraine.” Why?
20. What happens to a doctor who is found to have breached the Hippocratic Oath?
21. Why should you win?
22. Heads or tails?
23. Name something only one of us has read/heard/seen.
Doc Sonic’s questions:
What is the only state in the United States that grows coffee?
What beer is also the name of a river that runs through Amsterdam?
What Pulitzer Prize winning writer and illustrator, also created The Garbage Pail Kids?
Who bought the first two Macintosh computers ever sold in Europe?
Where did the following phases originate?
• Eaten out of house and home
• Pomp and circumstance
• Foregone conclusion
• Full circle
• Method in the madness
• Neither rhyme nor reason
• One fell swoop
• Seen better days
• It smells to heaven
• A sorry sight
• A spotless reputation
• Strange bedfellows
• The world’s (my) oyster