From the Caffeine Kid:
- On “Sesame Street,” what was the name of Oscar the Grouch’s pet worm?
- In the rebooted “Star Trek” movies, what is the name of Scotty’s small alien assistant played by Deep Roy?
- In Cambodia, you can buy “Happy Pizza.” Why is it called that?
- What is the highest-grossing basketball movie of all time?
- Babies born in what 2 months are more likely to love to be 100?
- What is the only food that won’t go bad?
- What country had more than 3 million lakes, more than every other country in the world combined?
- On “The X-Files,” what was the name of Mulder & Scully’s government informant in season 1?
- What movie won the top honor at the Cannes Film Festival over the weekend?
- In the “Doctor Who” story “The Gunfighters,” where and when in history did the Doctor and his companions land?
Questions from Incorporeal Mike:
- What does it mean to be:
red in the face; blue in the face.
- What is “white noise”?
- What is “pink noise”?
- What is the deadly sin associated with the color green?
- What is a Blue Shift?
- Whose nickname is “the Red Cyclone”
- In the Matrix, which pill does Neo take?
- Good Curse
Doc Sonic’s questions:
What is the difference between a Hobo, a Tramp, and a Bum?
What is the name of the Monopoly millionaire mascot?
What is the name of the Wizard from the Wizard Of Oz?
What is Captain Crunch’s full name?
What is Peppermint Patty’s real name?
Chris Played by Charles Berman
1. In what current film does an Englishman play an Indian who was originally played by a Mexican?
2. What is normally sold at a package store?
3. It is thought that thousands of people may have convolvulus without even knowing it. What is convolvulus?
4. Who was buried in the Great Pyramid of Giza?
5. What happened to Barry Bonds’ last home run ball?
6. Who were Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
7. What is the difference between further and farther?
8. Orson Welles famous “War of the Worlds” broadcast was transitted as part of what radio series?
9. Why did Gandhi die?
10. Who is the Dow Jones Industrial Average named after?
11. In computing, what does PDF stand for?
12. What is known as “the Problem of Evil?”
13. Why would a person be “sent to Leavenworth?”
14. What is both an animal and a sin?
15. What are the two major new agencies?
16. What is a shaggy dog story?
17. Every Icelandic last name concludes with one of what two endings?
18. What is the Monday Afternoon Club?
19. What is both a candy bar and a former British prime minister?
20. What TV show had a plot in which Mel Brooks cast the main character in The Producers in an attempt to make the production fail?
21. What is the worst product name or slogan you have ever heard?
22. Name something only one of us has read/heard/seen.
23. Make up a game show.
24. Heads or tails?
Studio A’s Broken Microphone
What album or song did Brian Wilson consider his primary inspiration for “Pet Sounds”?
What month and year was the album “Revolver” released in?
What month and year was it recorded in?
What was the first song on the album “Revolver” to be recorded?
What was its original working title?
Which two songs recorded during the “Revolver” sessions were released as a single? Name them both.
Which month was that single released? (May OR June, US and UK respectively)
What was the original working title of Brian Wilson’s legendarily shelved album, “Smile”?
What album was released in its place?
Only one small piece recorded during the Smile sessions was heard on that album. Name the song. Bonus points:
What band made an entire career out of ripping off one of the artists, albums or songs mentioned so far?
The Route 17 expressway opened between the Tioga County border and Westover in 1969. The I-81/Route 17 “Penn-Can Highway” opened through the North Side in 1966. What year did Kamikaze Curve open?