CHRIS PLAYED BY CHARLES BERMAN
1. Heroin was originally sold commercially as a cure for what?
2. What are the main symptoms of dyspepsia?
3. In what decade did poetry cease to be an Olympic competition?
4. Why are important football games often referred to as “bowls?”
5. “Hops” are considered important in beer-making. What are they?
6. What woman was known as the sixth member of Monty Python?
-And what woman was known as the fifth Marx Brother?
7. What sort of activities are carried on by the organization known as “The Yes Men?”
8. Name a type of grape used in making wine.
9. What is the premise of the Twitter account Florida Man?
10. Please describe the premise of the TV show “Phineas and Ferb.”
11. What two Major League Baseball teams still play on artificial turf at their home fields?
12. in England, what is “the local?”
13. What is the difference between a philologist, a philanthropist, a philatelist, and a Philadelphian?
14. Who was Bolivia named after?
15. Why did the United States boycott the 1980 Olynpics in Moscow?
16. What was Bob Ross’ job before he was a painter?
17. According to The Guardian, what famous book has experienced a significant rise in popularity since e-book readers have become common?
18. Who said, “Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so?”
19. What is both a kind of hat and a kind of tree?
20. What country does Stephen Hawking come from?
21. Tell us how to say our phone number in a new language.
22. How did Rich David get so rich?
23. Nme something only one of us has read/heard/seen.
24. Why should you win?
25. Heads or tails?
1. If your Oscars pool decided to subtract how many years Solomon Northup was a slave from the number of Best Picture nominees this year, what would they get?
2. Name a director of a Best Picture nominee that contains the name of a location that can be found in America. No credit for David O. Russell.
3. What was the lowest grossing movie of 2013?
4. Name two actors who have directed themselves in films released in 2013.
5. How many times is the phrase “Oh, hi” spoken in the 2003 cinematic epic The Room?
1. What is the name of the Parisian bridge that has the love locks on it?
2. Who was the creator of the Eiffel Tower?
3. Which revolution was the basis for Les Miserables?
4. Who wrote “The Man in the High Castle?”
5. What is the name of the author of the book that Hayao Miyazaki took as inspiration for his most recent film?
Doc Sonic’s questions:
The French band Darlin’ split up in 1992, and then formed two other much more famous bands. Name one or both of them.
Who played guitar on David Bowie’s “Let’s Dance”?
Who played guitar on Michael Jackson’s “Bad”?
The Mayor of Sochi says there is one thing his town doesn’t have. What is it?
What is known as the Old Lady Of Threadneedle Street?
Which is greater, the number of Libraries in the U.S. or the number of McDonalds?
Caffeine Kid asks:
1. In what year were the first inductions into the Baseball Hall of Fame made?
2. Name any of the first class of Baseball Hall of Fame inductees.
3. What was the name of Pete Seeger’s final studio album?
4. Name the magazine that Pete Seeger helped to found.
5. What was the name of the album of Pete Seeger songs that Bruce Springsteen released in 2006?
6. In what year was Pete Seeger inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?
7. In “Star Trek,” what were the names of Capt. Kirk’s parents?
8. What was the name of Capt. Kirk’s son?
9. In what original series “Doctor Who” story was the Doctor revealed to be a Time Lord?
10. In what story was the Doctor’s home planet of Gallifrey first named?
11. Name any “Doctor Who” companion.
12. Name any “Doctor Who” villian? (individuals, not races)