Chris Played by Charles Berman
1. High-heeled shoes were originally introduced in order to make it easier for the wearer to do what?
2. What is the active ingredient in hand sanitizer?
3. Where did any of these people actually rule over? Ashoka, Suleiman the Great, Tamerlane, Caligula, Genghis Khan, Kubla Khan, Prester John, Charlemagne, Emperor Norton, Lakshmibai, Hamlet, Haile Selassie, Good King Wenceslaus.
4. Why do the vast majority of percentages cited by the US government use 100 as their denominator?
5. Name a character from Star Trek who was a crew member rather than an officer.
6. What is a supernumerary?
7. Western Union’s telegram service was purchased a few years ago. Who now operates it?
BONUS: Give a legitimate reason for sending a telegram.
8. Name a search engine other than Google.
9. What do you have to dial before making an international call?
10. What is the difference between a paraplegic and a quadriplegic?
11. Translate a US place name from its original language.
12. Travellers to some countries are often advised to offer proactively to pay fees for things immediately in cash. Why?
13. Who was Eugene V. Debs?
14. What is the Hypnerotomachia Poliphili?
15. What former world leader is now serving time in prison for crimes against humanity committed while he or she was in office, having been convicted by the International Criminal Court?
16. What did the Ancient Romans use for money?
17. What is the difference between a blacksmith and a whitesmith?
18. Who wrote the novel of Psycho?
19. Give the last name of a dynasty-in-exile.
20. What are antioxidants actually supposed to do for you?21. Why should you win?
22. Heads or tails?
23. Name something only one of us has read/heard/seen.
TAM O. SHANTER
1.Who is the fairest of them all?
2. What Fairy tale is that quote from?
3. What is Junot Diaz’ latest novel named?
4. What is the largest city in Scotland?
5. Who wrote “Turn of the Screw”?
6. What is the most appropriate way to celebrate Halloween?
7. When did New Jersey legalize gay marraige?
8. Why do you unpack?
Doc Sonic’s questions:
The founder of Atari also founded what famous restaurant chain?
Which side of a book are the even-numbered pages usually on?
How many of the gifts in the song “The Twelve Days of Christmas” do not involve birds?
Between which two Ages did the Bronze Age occur?
In the 1982 movie “Jaws”, what was the name of Captain Hooper’s boat?
In 1701, who invented the seed-planting drill?
Which character in Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy was spending a year dead for tax purposes?