What is the gender neutral term for nieces and nephews?
All prisoners in Norway have what in their cells?
The first frisbees were made from what?
Name a country with no armed forces.
What is unique about the fifth floor of the United States Supreme Court Building?
1. On what day did the official vote for American independence take place?
2. Who was the only Founding Father to sign the Declaration of Independence on July 4th?
3. Who was the oldest to sign it?
4. Who was the youngest to sign it?
5. Who was the last to sign it?
6. Which state had the most signatories?
7. What two former presidents died on the same July 4?
8. In what year did they die?
9. In what year was July 4th declared a national holiday?
10. About how many people lived in the American colonies when they declared independence?
11. Who was the only U.S. president born on July 4th?
12. France presented the U.S. with the Statue of Liberty on July 4th of what year?
CHRIS PLAYED BY CHARLES BERMAN
1. What TV show has included a segment called “Know Your Cuts of Meat?”
2. In the 18th century a chess-playing machine called The Turk was invented. How did it work before the introduction of electronic computers?
3. In what culture was it common to sleep on ovens?
4. In English, people now known as Muslims used to be called what?
5. What is the difference between Greenwich Mean Time and Universal Coordinated Time?
-Why is Universal Coordinated Time usually abbreviated UTC?
6. What is the verfremdungseffekt?
7. What Major League Baseball player eventually became better known for making public racist statements — especially about the New York subway — than for his baseball playing?
8. Why has Grandmaster Flash never been given the opportunity to play for the World Chess Championship?
9. What is a Muscovite?
10. What recently-founded religion considers file sharing to be sacred?
11. In what country is it common for radios not to have on/off switches?
12. What is bi bim bap?
13. Which of his movies did Bill Cosby consider so bad that he went on TV shows to ask people not to see it?
14. There used to be product available in stores called a “bodice-ripper.” What was it for?
15, Most people will find themselves using a “gerund” at least once a day. What is it?
16. The Declaration of Independance was originally written in what language?
17. In most places, it is considered difficult to acquire a new maidenhead. Why?
18. What is the name of the international space station?
19. What is the difference between “synthetic” and “synesthetic?”
20. What is difference between “flammable” and “non-flammable?”
21. Up whose ass would you like to put a boot?
22. Name something only one of us has read/heard/seen.
23. Heads or tails?
1. Name the song starting with the lyrics…
a. “Do I stress you out? My sweater’s on backwards and inside out”
b. “Coolin’ on the scene like a horse in a stable, my brother got ill tried to snatch a fat cable”
c. “Well, I thought about the army, Dad said “Son, you’re [really] high”
d. “You’ve got your ball you’ve got your chain, tied to me tight, tie me up again”
e. “I like pleasure spiked with pain”
2. Explain one of the following well-known paradoxes. Bonus: Explain why we know it is not a “glitch in the Matrix”.
a. Xeno’s Paradox
b. Sorites Paradox
c. Liar’s Paradox
d. Veiled Figure Paradox
e. Grandfather Paradox
3. Good Curse
Tam O’Shanter’s Questions
Where does my name come from?
Whats the state capital?
What 2 presidents were born in Vermont?
What Lake borders New York and Vermont?
What is the language of origin for the name of the state?
What is the state motto?
What distinction does Vermont share with 13 other states?
What is the state flower?
BONUS: what song references said flower?
How many states border vermont?
Which countries could the presidential plane of Bolivia not land in today and why?