Who was the first guest on the first Muppet show?
What year was the telegraph invented?
What is the capitol of New Zealand?
What was the last volcano to erupt in the continental US and when was it?
What is octanitrocubane?
Who was Disney’s first choice to do the music for The Lion King?
How much does it cost the US mint to make each penny?
What was musician Tom Lehrer’s day job?
Sing us the theme song to Mystery Science Theater 3000
CHRIS PLAYED BY CHARLES BERMAN
1. What is the difference between an omnibus and a blunderbuss?
2. What is the origin of the expression “to drink the Kool-Aid?”
3. How do Australians refer to the unsettled wilderness areas of their country?
4. Name a movie with Bela Lugosi in it.
Bonus: Where was he from?
5. What crime other than murder can get you the death penalty in the United States?
6. What sort of job does a carny do?
7. How many trains were stolen in the Great Train Robbery?
8. How did the fast food chain Arby’s get its name?
9. What is the name of the oldest human skeleton?
10. In Crime and Punishment, what is the crime and what is the punishment?
11. What is the word “camera” short for?
Bonus: What does it mean?
12. What were the Collyer Brother known for?
What about the Ritz Brothers?
13. Why is the shift key called “shift?”
14. The Panama Canal is officially part of what country?
15. What do you call the folded over flaps of fabric on the front fo a coat or jacket?
16. Describe the plot of the TV series “The Avengers.”
17. Sen. Gary Condit became well known for what?
18. What was Don Quixote’s first name?
19. Since 1953, very few shirts have been manufactured using fisticuffs. Why?
20. What is felt made of?
21. Who was Diogenes?
22. Why does the magician Penn Jillette always wear red nail polish on only one of his fingernails.
23. Around Christmastime, many Spaniards pay tribute to someone called “Santa Maria” instead of Santa Clause. Why and who is this?
24. What is postmodernism?
25. In the past of you had, grippe, consumption, female hysteria, brain fever, ptomaine poisoning, dropsy, a nervous breakdown, rheumatism, hydrophobia, mongolism, infantile paralysis, catarrh, lumbago, ague, dyspepsia, or falling sickness what did you have?
1. Elizabeth Taylor became the first actress to what during the filming of Cleopatra?
2. What garment was the most expensive that MGM designer Helen Rose?
3. How many times does Tyler in the movie Fight Club show up before we clearly see him?
4. How many takes did the opening breakup scene between Jesse Eisenberg and Rooney Mara in
the Social Network?
5. What is the first DC animated feature film to showcase the story of Jason Todd?
6. Who has played Batman for the longest length of time?
7. Who has played the Joker for the longest length of time?
8. Who was the first choice to play Indiana Jones?
9. How much larger was the Death Star II than the first one?
10. What song does HAL from 2001: A Space Odyssey sing at the end of the film?
1. What year was the battle of Hastings?
2. What year/decade was the first energy drink made and where was it made?
3. Who was Stephen Sondheim’s neighbor?
4. What does the word “geek” mean in Portuguese?
5. Who was the original actor set to play Marty McFly in Back to the Future?
6. Which spice is poisonous if injected intravenously?
7.. What color is a mirror?
8. When did popcorn gain its popularity as a movie theater snack?
9. What is unique about the King of Hearts in a deck of hearts?
10. What is the only word that ends in mt?
DUMPSWITCH JONES SAYS
- What was the title bequeathed to the month of May in 1995?
- How much was Marlon Brando paid for one extra day of filming on Apocalypse now?
- Instagram recently updated their user terms of service. What new part is the internet angry about?
- Name a company that would utilize this new policy.
- What country has the highest per-capita population of donut shops?
- How many children does Dennis Rodman claim to be the oldest of?
- How many children does his father claim the number to be?
- Break Bad for a point.
- Bad Genie
- Bad Superpower
- Bad Ice Cream Flavors
From the Caffeine Kid:
1. What star of the British cult film “Withnail & I” will guest-star on the Christmas episode of “Doctor Who” one week from tonight?
2. His costar in “Withnail & I” has a “Doctor Who” connection, too. Name the actor and his link.
3. What president decorated the first White House Christmas tree?
4. Every year, the city of Oslo, Norway, sends a Christmas tree to Westminster, England. Why?
5. How is Christmas celebrated on “Futurama”?
6. Everybody knows that Santa’s 9th reindeer is called Rudolph. What were two alternate names that songwriter Robert L. May considered when composing “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer”?
7. According to the Guinness World Records, what was the age of the oldest-ever housecat when it died?
8. The teachings of what Indian mystic inspired the Bobby McFerrin song “Don’t Worry, Be Happy”?
9. In honor of the late Larry Hagman, sing the theme song to either “I Dream of Jeannie” or “Dallas.”
1. What is the only continent that is naturally home to no placental mamals?
2. What is the only marsupial inhabiting North America?
3. What is a male Kangaroo called?
4. A platypus is a Monotreme, name the other extant group of Monotremes.
5. What rare sense do dolphins and platypi share, making them unique among mamals?
6. What is the closest genetic realative to the whale that lives on land?
7. What mammal houses the largest brain on the planet?
8. What is a drop bear?
9. What does a Koala drink?
10. What does the “57” on a bottle of Heinz Tomato Ketchup?
11. What kind of food are astronauts not allowed to eat before going into space?