CHRIS PLAYED BY CHARLES BERMAN
1. What is any well-known superhero’s day job?
2. WHRW has a station ID from Paul McGann. Name something he has done.
3. Why was the Jerry Lewis movie “The Day the Clown Cried” never released?
4. What is the difference between a narcotic and cocaine? (ie Why is it incorrect to call cocaine a narcotic?)
5. Where is the date written on a Sacajawea dollar?
6. Please describe the plot of The Inspector General.
7. What is both a kind of journalism and a kind of Muppet?
8. What were the three major speeds that records were played back at?
9. Why do pennies turn brown?
10. A spy might use a “one time pad” for what?
11. What language are people referring to usually when they mention the “South african click language” that Nelson Mandela spoke as his first language?
-Bonus point if you can actually pronounce its name.
12. All of Vladimir Nabokov’s books from before 1940 have appeared in English translation, but translations of Nabokov books from after 1940 are generally not printed. Why?
13. What is the most common language spoken in Afghanistan?
14. What do all these books have in common: Les Miserables, Mein Kampf, Das Boot, the I Qing, the Mahabarata, the Koran, and the Torah?
15. What were the languages on the Rosetta Stone?
16. What state does not participate in Daylight Savings Time?
17. At what point is the temperature the same in Fahrenheit and Celsius?
18. Please describe the plot of the movie “FDR: American Badass.”
19. Please describe the plot of “The Lion King 1 ½.”
20. Why do restaurants not usually remove the bones from Jellyfish?
21. Name something only one of us has read, heard, or seen.
22. Why should you win?
23. Heads or tails?
Doc Sonic’s questions:
What type of person is called a “Yooper”?
What restaurant is known as Mai Dang Lao in China?
What kind of motorcycle does Hunter S. Thompson reference in Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas?
Many shops have prices set just under a round figure, e.g. $9.99 instead of $10.00 or $99.95 instead of $100.00. People assume that this is done because the price seems lower to the buyer What was the original reason for this pricing method?
Why are manhole covers round instead of square?
From the Caffeine Kid:
1. What guest made the most appearances on “The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson”?
2. What is the only European language that does not have Indo-European roots?
3. What is in a White Russian?
4. What is the name of the bar expert seen on the TV show “Bar Rescue”?
5. Phil Everly of the Everly Brothers died last week. What Warren Zevon song did he inspire?
6. How did the band Toad the Wet Sprocket get its name?
7. In the comedy team of Abbott & Costello, Bud Abbott got the bigger paycheck. Why?
8. What was the first single from the British rock band The Kinks?
9. Explain the concept behind the TV show “Almost Human.”
10. You’re a time traveler sent back to kill Adolf Hitler. Describe at least one way that your plan could ultimately fail.