INCORPOREAL MIKE’S Q’S
1. What game is known as “the Royal Game of India”?b. What is the American variant of this game designed for children?
2. Good Curse
3. Name the song starting with the lyrics…
a. “Do I stress you out? My sweater’s on backwards and inside out”
b. “Coolin’ on the scene like a horse in a stable, my brother got ill tried to snatch a fat cable”
c. “Well, I thought about the army, Dad said “Son, you’re [really] high”
d. “You’ve got your ball you’ve got your chain, tied to me tight, tie me up again”
e. “I like pleasure spiked with pain”
4. Explain one of the following well-known paradoxes. Bonus: Explain why we know it is not a “glitch in the Matrix”.
a. Sorites Paradox
b. Liar’s Paradox
c. Veiled Figure Paradox
From the Caffeine Kid:
1. On “Doctor Who,” what was the name of the Third Doctor’s yellow roadster?
2. Elton John has had to cancel the rest of his summer tour dates. Why?
3. Elvis Presley has been inducted into four Halls of Fame. What are they?
4. What two songs – one by the Kinks, one by the Doors – were similar enough to spark a lawsuit that the Kinks ultimately won?
5. What movie is the best-selling DVD of all time?
6. Name the world’s largest toy distributor.
7. How long did the Hundred Years’ War last?
8. Who is considered the first prime minister of the United Kingdom?
9. On average, how much does a cat spend sleeping each day?
10. What do you call a group of cats?
11. In 1938, Mussolini banned all American cartoons in Italy except for which one?
12. Explain the concept behind the early 2000s Sci Fi Channel series “The Chronicle.”
Doc Sonic’s questions:
What is a Google Bomb?
What was the first town in America to use telephone numbers?
Who was on the cover of the first issue of Rolling Stone?
When was the worlds first commercially available modem sold?
When did Groucho Marx make his first appearance on radio?
CHRIS PLAYED BY CHARLES BERMAN
1. How do you become a ham radio operator?
2. How do you become a CB radio operator?
3. What object was it very common to find along the side of the road about twenty years ago, but not so any more?
4. Why is Pete Rose banned from baseball?
5. In the nineteenth century, Oslo was known as what?
6. What is the difference between a robot and an android?
7. Name a current or former leader of Egypt?
8. In what Star Trek series do the characters generally not travel through space?
9. What is the main ingredient in ginger tea?
10. What is the slogan of The New York Times?
11. What is the difference between paper and parchment?
12. What are the two houses of parliament?
13. Please describe the plot of the film The Forbidden Zone.
14. Who was Emperor Norton I?
15. In the original production of King Lear, a man played Cordelia. Why?
16. Before the 1980s and 1990s, people used to use underlining considerably more than italics. Why did this change?
17. What is the difference between standard poetry and slam poetry?
18. What is the current design on the back of the penny?
19. In what country does the president live in “The Pink House?”
20. In Pennsylvania, if you simply order “a lager,” what brand do you get?
21. Name something only one of us has read, heard, or seen.
22. Heads or tails?