CHRIS PLAYED BY CHARLES BERMAN
1. What does the “von” in a German name indicate about the person who has it?
2. Which US President was not a native speaker of English?
3. Who was Otto von Bismarck?
4. Who played Newman on Seinfeld?
5. In computing, what is a BSOD?
6. In any restaurant’s wine list, which wine is usually the most popular?
7. How did Bradley Manning sneak the secret military data out so that he could get it to Wikileaks?
8. Name someone known for wearing a bow tie.
9. Why does the Spanish word “embarazada” cause problems for many English speakers?
10. What is the difference between a trapper and a trappist?
11. The president of what country automatically becomes prince of another country?
12. Lloyd’s of London is well known for doing what?
13. What was Mr Rogers’ first name?
14. Who killed Martin Luther King Jr?
15. What is a slide rule used for?
-How do you use it?
16. What artist became famous for hiding his daughter’s name multiple times in each of his drawings?
17. The “proof” of an alcoholic beverage indicates what?
18. Why was Madalyn Murray O’Hare known as “the most hated woman in America?”
-What eventually happened to her?
19. Before India was officially part of the British Empire, what company ran it?
-Before that, what other empire controlled most of India?
20. What was the purpose of the Society for the Prevention of Calling Pullman Porters George?
21. Name something only one of us has read, heard, or seen.
22. Make up a game show. Point if we like it.
23. Heads or tails?
From Caffeine Kid
1. How long can cockroaches live without their heads?
2. What percentage of bottled water is just ordinary tap water?
3. What is the most depressed country in the world?
4. Why is the default image on Twitter an egg?
6. Which actor was originally offered a spot in the Backstreet Boys?
7. On average, how many people choke to death on ball-point pens every year?
8. What actress regularly used Snoop Dogg as her weed dealer when she was in high school?
9. How many times should a deck of cards be shuffled to be considered sufficiently randomized?
Zen bonus question:
How many roads must a man walk down before you can call him a man?
1.) Is your answer to this question 'Yes’?
2.) What are the first 9 digits of pi?
3.) What are the first 150 digits of pi?
4.) Explain the process by which one can use geometry and an indefinite integral to approximate the value of pi.
5.) What is the golden ratio? (approximate decimal value, actual value or description).
6.) Explain the process by which one can use algebra to derive the value of the golden ratio.
7.) Give the next value in the sequence: 1 , 1 , 2 , 3 , 5 , 8 , _____
8.) What is this sequence called?
1.What should I wear to class tomorrow?
2.Why do people exist?
3.What year did the British include tea making facilities on their tanks?
4.What should you do if you find someone else’s driver’s license?
5.Yi Kaizhan was asked to build a fort around the Great Wall and he knew exactly how many bricks he would need but someone questioned him so he added 1 more. What happened to this last brick?
6.What Christmas present was given to Harper Lee that allowed her to write her novel?
Bonus: What novel was it?
7.What did ancient Persians do once they settled a debate?