Chris Played by Charles Berman
1. Name a president who had a first lady who was not his wife.
2. P. T. Barnum’s circus is now a part of what combined circus?
3. What is unusual about The Gothic Symphony by Havergal Brian?
4. Name a Godzilla movie.
Bonus: Come up with a new Godzilla movie. Point if we like it.
5. What does the O. J. stand for in O. J. Simpson’s name?
6. What English word has three consecutive sets of doubled letters?
7. In 2005, Apple offered a free CPU with every desktop computer it sold. Why?
8. What naturally occurring organism produces mint flavor?
9.Captain Marvel originated with what comic book publisher?
10. What is the name for the kind of bed that folds up into the wall?
11. The films at movie theatres are usually how many millimetres wide?
11. Please describe the plot of the film “The Bed Sitting Room.”
12. What is the difference between a lichen and a simile?
13. Even though there is no law against it, American zoos contain no satyrs. Why?
14. What was Humphrey Bogart’s original job?
15. Who starred in the Dragnet movie?
16. Scholars now believe that at least half of the chapters of the Inferno were not written by Dante Gabriel Rossetti. Why?
17. Leo Tolstoy and Leon Trotsky actually had exactly the same first name. What was it?
18. Why did mutineers on ships normally write their names in a circle?
18. Name anything by John Cage other than 4’33”.
19. Ed Gein was considered notable for doing what?
20. What is the difference between further and farther?
21. Name something only one of us has read/heard/seen.
22. Make up a game show.
23. Heads or tails?
From Caffeine Kid:
- Name the artist who drew the iconic illustrations of Sherlock Holmes when the stories were first published.
- On “Futurama,” what was the name of Fry’s dog from the 20th century?
- Explain the concept of the 1980s TV series “Automan.”
- What are the Pillars of Creation?
- Who played drums on the debut album of Canadian rock band Rush?
- Who replaced him?
- In the British sitcom “Are You Being Served?” what is the name of the department store where the characters work?
- Name the fictional band at the center of Cameron Crowe’s film “Almost Famous.”
- What song was used as the theme song of the “Hitchhikers’ Guide to the Galaxy” radio and TV series?
Doc Sonic’s questions:
What is the highest scoring vehicle ever tested by Consumer Reports?
Which was invented first, the cigarette lighter or the match?
In what century did the Middle Ages end and the Renaissance begin?
What letter does not appear in the names of any of the United States?
An Oenophile is a collector of what?