Where we get mad, and you get trivial!
Chris Played by Charles Berman
1. Name a president who had a first lady who was not his wife.
2. P. T. Barnum’s circus is now a part of what combined circus?
3. What is unusual about The Gothic Symphony by Havergal Brian?
4. Name a Godzilla movie.
Bonus: Come up with a new Godzilla movie. Point if we like it.
5. What does the O. J. stand for in O. J. Simpson’s name?
6. What English word has three consecutive sets of doubled letters?
7. In 2005, Apple offered a free CPU with every desktop computer it sold. Why?
8. What naturally occurring organism produces mint flavor?
9.Captain Marvel originated with what comic book publisher?
10. What is the name for the kind of bed that folds up into the wall?
11. The films at movie theatres are usually how many millimetres wide?
11. Please describe the plot of the film “The Bed Sitting Room.”
12. What is the difference between a lichen and a simile?
13. Even though there is no law against it, American zoos contain no satyrs. Why?
14. What was Humphrey Bogart’s original job?
15. Who starred in the Dragnet movie?
16. Scholars now believe that at least half of the chapters of the Inferno were not written by Dante Gabriel Rossetti. Why?
17. Leo Tolstoy and Leon Trotsky actually had exactly the same first name. What was it?
18. Why did mutineers on ships normally write their names in a circle?
18. Name anything by John Cage other than 4’33”.
19. Ed Gein was considered notable for doing what?
20. What is the difference between further and farther?
21. Name something only one of us has read/heard/seen.
22. Make up a game show.
23. Heads or tails?
From Caffeine Kid:
- Name the artist who drew the iconic illustrations of Sherlock Holmes when the stories were first published.
- On “Futurama,” what was the name of Fry’s dog from the 20th century?
- Explain the concept of the 1980s TV series “Automan.”
- What are the Pillars of Creation?
- Who played drums on the debut album of Canadian rock band Rush?
- Who replaced him?
- In the British sitcom “Are You Being Served?” what is the name of the department store where the characters work?
- Name the fictional band at the center of Cameron Crowe’s film “Almost Famous.”
- What song was used as the theme song of the “Hitchhikers’ Guide to the Galaxy” radio and TV series?
Doc Sonic’s questions:
What is the highest scoring vehicle ever tested by Consumer Reports?
Which was invented first, the cigarette lighter or the match?
In what century did the Middle Ages end and the Renaissance begin?
What letter does not appear in the names of any of the United States?
An Oenophile is a collector of what?
What is the demonym for someone from the state of Maine?
What was whiskey maker Jack Daniel’s real name?
According to Verisign, how many domain names have been registered?
What is both a type of ship and a type of car?
What does pink kryptonite do to Superman?
What kind of car does a Zen master drive?
CHRIS PLAYED BY CHARLES BERMAN
1. What does the “von” in a German name indicate about the person who has it?
2. Which US President was not a native speaker of English?
3. Who was Otto von Bismarck?
4. Who played Newman on Seinfeld?
5. In computing, what is a BSOD?
6. In any restaurant’s wine list, which wine is usually the most popular?
7. How did Bradley Manning sneak the secret military data out so that he could get it to Wikileaks?
8. Name someone known for wearing a bow tie.
9. Why does the Spanish word “embarazada” cause problems for many English speakers?
10. What is the difference between a trapper and a trappist?
11. The president of what country automatically becomes prince of another country?
12. Lloyd’s of London is well known for doing what?
13. What was Mr Rogers’ first name?
14. Who killed Martin Luther King Jr?
15. What is a slide rule used for?
-How do you use it?
16. What artist became famous for hiding his daughter’s name multiple times in each of his drawings?
17. The “proof” of an alcoholic beverage indicates what?
18. Why was Madalyn Murray O’Hare known as “the most hated woman in America?”
-What eventually happened to her?
19. Before India was officially part of the British Empire, what company ran it?
-Before that, what other empire controlled most of India?
20. What was the purpose of the Society for the Prevention of Calling Pullman Porters George?
21. Name something only one of us has read, heard, or seen.
22. Make up a game show. Point if we like it.
23. Heads or tails?
From Caffeine Kid
1. How long can cockroaches live without their heads?
2. What percentage of bottled water is just ordinary tap water?
3. What is the most depressed country in the world?
4. Why is the default image on Twitter an egg?
6. Which actor was originally offered a spot in the Backstreet Boys?
7. On average, how many people choke to death on ball-point pens every year?
8. What actress regularly used Snoop Dogg as her weed dealer when she was in high school?
9. How many times should a deck of cards be shuffled to be considered sufficiently randomized?
Zen bonus question:
How many roads must a man walk down before you can call him a man?
1.) Is your answer to this question 'Yes’?
2.) What are the first 9 digits of pi?
3.) What are the first 150 digits of pi?
4.) Explain the process by which one can use geometry and an indefinite integral to approximate the value of pi.
5.) What is the golden ratio? (approximate decimal value, actual value or description).
6.) Explain the process by which one can use algebra to derive the value of the golden ratio.
7.) Give the next value in the sequence: 1 , 1 , 2 , 3 , 5 , 8 , _____
8.) What is this sequence called ...