CHRIS PLAYED BY CHARLES BERMAN
1. What is any well-known superhero’s day job?
2. WHRW has a station ID from Paul McGann. Name something he has done.
3. Why was the Jerry Lewis movie “The Day the Clown Cried” never released?
4. What is the difference between a narcotic and cocaine? (ie Why is it incorrect to call cocaine a narcotic?)
5. Where is the date written on a Sacajawea dollar?
6. Please describe the plot of The Inspector General.
7. What is both a kind of journalism and a kind of Muppet?
8. What were the three major speeds that records were played back at?
9. Why do pennies turn brown?
10. A spy might use a “one time pad” for what?
11. What language are people referring to usually when they mention the “South african click language” that Nelson Mandela spoke as his first language?
-Bonus point if you can actually pronounce its name.
12. All of Vladimir Nabokov’s books from before 1940 have appeared in English translation, but translations of Nabokov books from after 1940 are generally not printed. Why?
13. What is the most common language spoken in Afghanistan?
14. What do all these books have in common: Les Miserables, Mein Kampf, Das Boot, the I Qing, the Mahabarata, the Koran, and the Torah?
15. What were the languages on the Rosetta Stone?
16. What state does not participate in Daylight Savings Time?
17. At what point is the temperature the same in Fahrenheit and Celsius?
18. Please describe the plot of the movie “FDR: American Badass.”
19. Please describe the plot of “The Lion King 1 ½.”
20. Why do restaurants not usually remove the bones from Jellyfish?
21. Name something only one of us has read, heard, or seen.
22. Why should you win?
23. Heads or tails?
Doc Sonic’s questions:
What type of person is called a “Yooper”?
What restaurant is known as Mai Dang Lao in China?
What kind of motorcycle does Hunter S. Thompson reference in Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas?
Many shops have prices set just under a round figure, e.g. $9.99 instead of $10.00 or $99.95 instead of $100.00. People assume that this is done because the price seems lower to the buyer What was the original reason for this pricing method?
Why are manhole covers round instead of square?
From the Caffeine Kid:
1. What guest made the most appearances on “The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson”?
2. What is the only European language that does not have Indo-European roots?
3. What is in a White Russian?
4. What is the name of the bar expert seen on the TV show “Bar Rescue”?
5. Phil Everly of the Everly Brothers died last week. What Warren Zevon song did he inspire?
6. How did the band Toad the Wet Sprocket get its name?
7. In the comedy team of Abbott & Costello, Bud Abbott got the bigger paycheck. Why?
8. What was the first single from the British rock band The Kinks?
9. Explain the concept behind the TV show “Almost Human.”
10. You’re a time traveler sent back to kill Adolf Hitler. Describe at least one way that your plan could ultimately fail.
Artist: Song (Album)
1. Dar Williams: Are You Out There? (End of the Summer)
2. They Might Be Giants with Mike Doughty: Mr. Excitement (2001 Radio Sampler)
3. The Libertines: Up the Bracket (Time for Heroes: The Best of the Libertines)
4. Frank Turner: The Fisher King Blues (Tape Deck Heart)
5. Cream: Tales of Brave Ulysses (Disraeli Gears)
6. Jerry Douglas with Mumford and Sons and Paul Simon: The Boxer (Traveller)
7. Jamie Cullum: The Wind Cries Mary (Experienced!)
8. Joan Jett and the Blackhearts: Everybody Needs a Hero (Unvarnished)
9. Led Zeppelin: I Can’t Quit You Babe (Led Zeppelin)
10. John and Brittany: Start Sinning (Start Sinning)
11. Jimmy Cliff: Ruby Soho (Rebirth)
12. Happy Fangs: Midnight Monsters (Happy Fangs EP)
13. R.E.M.: Toys in the Attic (Fall on Me 12” single)
14. Windsor for the Derby: Empathy for People Unknown (Giving Up the Ghost)
15. Buffalo Tom: Going Underground (Fire and Skill: The Songs of the Jam)
16. Warren Zevon: Desperadoes Under the Eaves (Warren Zevon)
17. The Mannish Boys: Death Letter (Double Dynamite)
18. Patsy Cline: She’s Got You (Countrypolitan Hits)
19. Robert Cray Band: I Wonder (Red Blooded Blues)
20. Big Star: Femme Fatale (Music is Love)
21. Rotary Connection: Burning of the Midnight Lamp (Experienced!)
22. Elysian Fields: Les Amours Perdues (Great Jewish Music: Serge Gainsbourg)
23. Umbrella Bed: Two Tone Monster (Refill)
24. Grand Marquis: Whole Lotta Shakin’ Goin’ On (Blues and Trouble)
25. Booker T and the MGs: It’s Your Thing (The Roots of Hendrix)
26. The Isley Brothers: Twist and Shout (Oldies But Goodies)
27. Chris Chandler and Anne Feeney: The United States of Generica (Flying Poetry Club)
28. John Spencer Blues Explosion: Bag of Bones (Meat and Bone)
29. Rancid: Time Bomb (...And Out Come the Wolves)
30. Funkadelic: One Nation Under a Groove (One Nation Under a Groove)