Chris Played by Charles Berman
1. What is the actual reason that mattress tags say not to remove them under penalty of law?
2. In most countries, what Americans call “text messages” are usually referred to as what?
3. What is the capital of Sri Lanka?
-What are the two main languages spoken there?
-.What famous science fiction writer lived there? – What is the main separatist rebel group there?
4. Describe the rules of curling.
5. How does baccarat work?
6. What group of people is often divided into “white hats” and “black hats?”
7. Please describe the plot of the film “The Blob.”
8. Who won the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction after dying?
9. What is a humbug?
10. What does balm from Gilead supposedly do?
11. Who discovered/first charted Australia (for Europe)?
12. Who wrote the music well-known as the Lone Ranger music?
13. What two ingredients are referred to in the name of Coca Cola?
-What currently-available cola actually contains one of them?
14. What sitcom had Christopher Lloyd, Danny DeVito, and Andy Kaufman in the cast?
15. Which Doctor Who companion’s actress later posed nude with Dalek for a magazine?
16. What does the “CB” stand for in “CB radio?”
17. What baseball player was nicknamed The Secretary of Defence?
-The Flyin’ Hawaiian?
18. Name a crime that deserves the death penalty according to the Bible.
19, Name a previous Olympic city.
20. What is it actually supposed to mean when there is a “state of emergency.”
21. Tell us how to say our phone number in a new language.
22. How did Rich David get so rich?
23. Nme something only one of us has read/heard/seen.
24. Why should you win?
25. Heads or tails?
26. What could you do to a legal pad that would make it illegal?
Doc Sonic’s questions:
How much pure gold is 18 karat gold?
The Lady Byng trophy is awarded for what achievement?
In nautical terms how fast is one “knot”?
What planet has moons named after characters from Shakespeare?
Who was the first major league baseball pitcher to throw a no-hitter while wearing eyeglasses?
Dallas “Frank Zappa” Hogan
1. What is the top best-selling band that originated from Alabama?
1. How many gallons of sap does it take to make one gallon of maple syrup (depending on sugar content)?
2. What was remarkable about Danish astronomer Tycho Brahe’s nose?
3. Who co-wrote the 1982 Devo song 'I Desire?”
4. Which is the only US state whose flag is not rectangular in shape?
5. If the worm in the tequila bottle had not died of alcohol poisoning, what would it have turned into?
6. Which playing card is known as the “Curse of Scotland?”
7. What is the name of the cruise ship on TV’s “The Love Boat?”
8. Name any NHL teams which are either defunct or relocated since 1970.
9. Name any of the four vegetables which I, Twitch, refuse to eat.
10. MH2GC presents the riddle of the week: “Why couldn’t Beethoven find his music teacher?
(DON’T RUIN YOUR SUPPER)
DONOVAN – Epistle To Dippy
PINK FLOYD – Free Four
EAGLES OF DEATH METAL – Solid Gold
GERSHON KINGSLEY – Popcorn
ELF POWER – The Winter Is Coming
DONOVAN – Sunshine Superman
WEEN – Cold Blows The Wind
WEEN – Freedom of ’76
PAVEMENT – Trigger Cut
PHISH – Contact
PHISH – Union Federal
TANGERINE DREAM – (forgot, sorry)
MORTON SUBOTNICK – Silver Apples Of The Moon
Mr. Carmack & Kaytranada – Ones
Flume – Sleepless (The Ninetys Remix)
Ookay – Stay With Me
Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti – Round And Round (The Hood Internet Remix)
Blood Orange – You’re Not Good Enough (Fei-Fei & Jessie Andrews Remix)
AlunaGeorge – You Know You Like It (DJ Snake Remix)
Small Black – Search Party
Kimbra – Posse
Dum Dum Girls – Too True To Be Good
King Krule – Border Line
Small Black – No Stranger
Toro y Moi – Rose Quartz
TV On The Radio – Will Do (XXXChange Dancehall Mix)
Royksopp – Poor Leno
Daft Punk – Something About Us
Kinky – Mas
Marina & The Diamonds – Lies
Dirty Projectors – Climax (Usher Cover)
Luca C & Brigante – Lucio (Nicolas Jaar & Dave Harrington Live Edit)
Darkside – Paper Trails
Disclosure – Latch (Stwo & Phazz Edition)
Janet Jackson – If (Kaytranada Remix)
(MINUS, LIKE, EIGHT)
It’s that time again! Yes, that special first-ever daytime season of Set It On Fire, that wonderful radio programme you haven’t heard in a regular slot (by that name) in, like, eight years since last December. I’m dating myself now, aren’t I?
KING CRIMSON – In The Court Of The Crimson King
DONOVAN – Happiness Runs
LOU REED – Think It Over
LOU REED – Teach The Gifted Children
THE MOTHERS – Any Way The Wind Blows
THE MODERN LOVERS – Roadrunner
CAN – The Thief
HALL AND OATES – Sara Smile
PETER GABRIEL – Red Rain
HALL AND OATES – Kiss On My List
RICHARD HELL AND THE VOIDOIDS – Blank Generation
LOU REED – The Gun
WEEN – Cover It In Gas And Set It On Fire
JOHN LENNON – Imagine
RICHARD HELL AND THE VOIDOIDS – Betrayal Takes Two
FRANK ZAPPA – Rat Tomago
LOU REED – How Do You Speak To An Angel?
Artist: Song (Album)
1. David Crosby: Radio (Croz)
2. The Supplement: Satellites (Step Up From Zero)
3. The Melismatics: Gravity (Rising Tide)
4. Milk Carton Kids: Honey, Honey (The Ash & Clay)
5. Paul Rodgers: Born Under a Bad Sign (The Royal Sessions)
6. Beck: Love (Sweetheart 2014)
7. Mode Moderne: She, Untamed (Occult Delight)
8. Chris Mills and the Distant Stars: Helpless Bells (Alexandria)
9. Trout: Wonderland (Genuine Imitation EP)
10. Frank Fairfield: Duncan and Brady (single)
11. Les Claypool’s Duo de Twang: Jerry Was a Race Car Driver (Four Foot Shack)
12. Tommy Castro and the Painkillers: The Devil You Know (The Devil You Know)
13. John Grant: Marz (20 From 20)
14. Troubadour Kings: Getaway Car (Ghost of Juarez)
15. The Waymires: I Don’t Think So (Rock and Roll EP)
16. Young the Giant: It’s About Time (Mind Over Matter)
17. The New Mendicants: Shouting Match (Into the Lime)
18. Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings: We Get Along (Give the People What They Want)
19. The Damn Choir: Creatures (Creatures of Habit)
20. Against Me!: Unconditional Love (Transgender Dysphoria Blues)
21. Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros: Johnny Appleseed (20 from 20)
22. The Greencards: Boxcar Boys (Sweetheart of the Sun)
23. Reputante: Sing to You (Oceanside)
24. Atomic Bride: Electric Order (Electric Order EP)
25. We Do This: Nobody’s Going Home (Faraday Wave)
26. Roy Harper: January Man (Mojo Presents Best of the Year 2013)
27. The Hidden Cameras: Year of the Spawn (Age)
28. Together Pangea: Make Myself True (Badillac)
29. The Pack A.D.: Animal (Do Not Engage)
30. Peggy Sue: Just the Night (Choir of Echoes)
31. Vampire Weekend: Time to Say Goodbye aka Con te Partiro (Sweetheart 2014)