From the Caffeine Kid:
- Name the four main characters from the Irish sitcom “Father Ted.”
- Where was Father Ted’s parish located?
- What was the first commercially released compact disc?
- In what year was it released?
- In what country was it released?
- Why are school buses yellow?
- What was the first single from the British rock band the Kinks?
- Why is the default image on Twitter an egg?
Questions from Incorporeal Mike:
- What does it mean to be:
red in the face; blue in the face.
- In an NFL game, what does the red zone refer to?
- In finance, what does it mean to be “in the red”?
Bonus: What is the origin of this phrase?
- What is “white noise”?
- What is “pink noise”?
- What is the brown note?
- What is the deadly sin associated with the color green?
- What is a Blue Shift?
- What is the medical condition in which your skin has turned yellow?
CHRIS PLAYED BY CHARLES BERMAN
1. What is the Tommy Westphall Universe?
2. What does it mean for something to be “sonic?”
3. Before he became known as a composer, Beethoven was famous as what?
4. What does a castellan do?
5. In Mexico, two days after Cinco de Mayo is usually known as what?
6. What was the most recent Major League Baseball team to change its name?
7. In its last season, Monty Python’s TV changed its title from “Monty Python’s Flying Circus” to what?
8. Since the 1950s, no US court has convicted anybody of violating the second law of thermodynamics. Why?
9. Please describe the plot of the movie “Psycho II.”
10. Apart from the food, what does the word “burrito” mean in Spanish?
-What about “taco?”
11. Every year many people become very excited about something called Eurovision. What is it?
12. What is both the name of a mass murderer and the name of a band?
13. In Batman, what is Mr Freeze’s real name supposed to be?
14. Name a character who appears in more than one Shakespeare play?
15. Who has been named the new host of “Whose Line is it Anyway?
-The title of “Whose Line is it Anyway?” is a takeoff on what?
16. What used to be known as White Russia is now known as what?
17. What is the origin of the phrase “Dr. Livingstone, I presume?”
18. What was El Greco’s name?
19. What is both the name of a place and a kind of poem?
20. What country was the last to abolish slavery?
21. In Star Trek, what are the first names of Sulu, Chekhov, Uhura, McCoy, or Scotty?
22. Name something only one of us has read/heard/seen.
23. Make up a game show.
24. Heads or tails?
How tall was Napoleon really?
From what county does the concept of political right vs political left originate?
What is Railway Standard Time, and how is it used today?
What is Arnold, from the TV show “Hey Arnold”'s last name?
Name a fictional character with a star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame.
What food product did Momofuku Ando invent in 1958?
Artist: Song (Album)
1. Bree: Dance All Night (With My Finger in the Air) (Bree)
2. Saint Anne’s Place: (I Can’t) Let You Go (Earth Shaker)
3. Patti Smith: Because the Night (Easter)
4. Vampire Weekend: Worship You (Modern Vampires of the City)
5. Rancid: Dominoes Fall (Let the Dominoes Fall)
6. Frank Turner: The Fisher King Blues (Tape Deck Heart)
7. Norah Jones: Out on the Road (Little Broken Hearts)
8. The Doors: Strange Days (Weird Scenes Inside the Gold Mine)
9. Kris Kristofferson: How Many Days (Ghost Brothers of Darkland County)
10. Red Kross: Saviour Machine (Teen Babes From Monsanto)
11. Tom Jones: Soul of a Man (Spirit in the Room)
12. Andy’s Doomsday Device: Must Be A Sin (Prophet Poet)
13. ZZ Top: Dust My Broom (Deguello)
14. Mikal Cronin: Weight (MCII)
15. The Thermals: The Sword at My Side (Desperate Ground)
16. Paul McCartney and Wings: Magneto and the Titanium Man (Wings Over America: Archive Collection)
17. The Muffs: Rock and Roll Girl (Freedom of Choice)
18. Iggy and the Stooges: Beat That Guy (Ready to Die)
19. Nick Cave: Black Betty (Used and Recommended By…)
20. Blitzen Trapper: Dragon Song (Destroyer of the Void)
21. Alpine: All for One (A is for Alpine)
22. The Postelles: Tidal Wave (...And it Shook Me)
23. Hans Theesink: Delia (Wishing Well)
24. Grandchildren: No Way Out (Golden Age)
25. Louis Matteo: You’n Me (Patchwork Pattern)
26. Tom Morello: Rise to Power (The Nightwatchman The Fabled City)
27. Savages: Waiting for a Sign (Silence Yourself)
28. Still Corners: Beat City (Strange Pleasures)
29. Radiation City: Food (Animals in the Median)
30. Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham: Long Distance Winner (Buckingham Nicks)
Real Estate – Out of Tune
The Jean Jackets – Does it Look Like I Live in NYC?
Deerhunter – Pensacola
The Smiths – Heaven Knows I’m Miserable Now
Dawes – Just My Luck
Weezer – Knock-down Drag-out
Grizzly Bear – Hold Still
Modest Mouse – Bukowski
Opeth – Harvest
Donovan – Universal Soldier
Animal Collective – Peacebone
Kurt Vile – KV Crimes
My Morning Jacket – One Big Holiday
OutKast – B.O.B
Tame Impala – Prototype (Outkast Cover)
Jay-Z – Lucifer
Margot and the Nuclear So and So’s – Quiet As a Mouse
Dum Dum Girls – Bedroom Eyes