Questions from the Caffeine Kid:
1. In what year was the first text message sent?
2. What did the text message say?
3. What is the most common name in the world?
4. What percentage of people make their bed in the morning?
5. According to ancient Greeks, what happens to redheads when they die?
6. What percent of the world’s currency exists as physical cash, as opposed to being electronic?
7. What are the two least productive days of the work week?
8. What was the top Google search of 2012?
9. What was the most number of pushups performed in a single day by one person?
10. What designer burns its unused merchandise so it won’t be sold at a discount?
11. How many questions per day does the average 4-year-old ask?
12. “Family Guy” is banned in 7 countries. What are they?
Mike Miggety Mike McMike on the Mic
1. Complete the sequence: point, line, square, cube, _______
2. Red light plus green light = ???
3. Spoiler Alert: Who framed Roger Rabbit?
Pick up the panel
Some say he only knows three facts about ducks and they are both wrong. Who is he?
Name an animal that has been used to carry mail.
What do the odd two-digit interstate number designate?
What branch of medicine did Sir Arthur Conan Doyle practice?
Dock Ellis threw a no-hitter under what circumstances?
This does not answer the previous question: he said he could not see
the batter or the catcher but relied on what in order to accomplish
Who directed the Aaron Burr “Got Milk” ad?
Space Invaders was so popular in Japan that it caused a coin shortage.
That is just a free fact for you!
What is painted in the middle of the Haskell Free Library and Opera House?
Where did the Harlem Globetrotters originate?
When did they first visit Harlem?
Chris Played by Charles Berman
1. What comedian lived to be one hundred years old?
2. What is the difference between a governor and a governess?
3. What Buster Keaton film was directed by Samuel Beckett?
4. What are the principal differences between the United States’ “No Child Left Behind” policy and China’s “One Child” policy?
5. What was unusual about the advertising for Burma Shave?
6. What is the difference between Chicago-style and New York-style pizza?
7. Name something that Thomas Alva Edison either achieved or claimed credit for achieving.
8. What is a “vox pop” interview?
-Why is it called that?
9. How do you toast in another language?
10. Please describe the plot of the play “Zoo Story.”
11. What are these places known as today:Bombay, Ceylon, Burma, Formosa, Zaire, Constantinople, New Amsterdam, Christiania, the Spanish Sahara, Essequibo and Demerary, Rhodesia, Moldavia, Czechoslovakia, Yugoslavia, the Holy Roman Empire, Somaliland, Tanganyika, Biafra, Leningrad, Stalingrad, Saigon, Peking, Calcutta, Madras, Leopoldville.
BONUS: Name a place that should be on that list but was left off.
12. What do these three people have in common: Christopher Hitchens, Richard Dawkins, and Oolon Colluphid.
13. What is the last verse of “The Battle Hymn of the Republic?”
14. Ross Perot ran for president with which party?
15. What is both a sexual orientation and a traditional role in a comedy team?
16. Nine tenths of people make up what percentage of the population?
17. Who sings the song “Poisoning Pigeons in the Park?”
18. What do anthropophagi do?
19. When a bottle is broken over somebody’s head in a movie, what is it usually made of?
20. What does the symbol for Euros look like?
21. Name a movie that was better than the book and convince us.
22. Name something only one of us has read, heard, or seen.
23. Make up a game show. Point if we like it.
24. Heads or tails?
Name the opera that this aria is from.
Until recently, who was the world’s largest consumer of Hennessy?
Who is the band Lynyrd Skynrd named after?
What is the oldest internet domain name?
Vanilla beans are actually dried pods of what flower?
Who were the two girls who toured Willie Wonka’s Chocolate Factory with
Charlie Bucket and his grandfather?
What alcohol is flavored with juniper berries?
Agent Double-O-Soul – Edwin Starr
I Can See For Miles – The Who
On Melancholy Hill – Gorillaz
Papa’s Got A Brand New Bag, Pt. 1 – James Brown
You Never Know – Wilco
Hungry Heart – Bruce Springsteen
Grace – Jeff Buckley
TALES FROM THE SECOND CHANCE BIN
Looking For You – Mars (Vindicated)
Face of God – Kathy Greenholdt (The Horror, The Horror)
Bad Reputation – Freedy Johnston
Let My Love Open The Door – Sondre Lerche
Feeling The Pull – The Swell Season
Sit Down By The Fire – The Veils
DJ ANGO’s PICKS
Lights and Sounds – Yellowcard
Light Up The Sky – Yellowcard
Dissolve – John Frusciante
Jenny Was A Friend Of Mine – The Killers
My Apocalypse – Metallica
A.M. 180 – Story One
My Glowing Morning Dreams/A Ghost In Drag – As Tall As Lions
June Bug- The B-52’s— Cosmic Thing
Hot Knife- Fiona Apple- The Idler Wheel…
The First Taste- Fiona Apple- Tidal
I Know- Fiona Apple- When the Pawn…
That’s What I Say, It’s Not What I Mean- Feist- Monarch (Lay Down Your Jeweled Head)
Don’t Deconstruct- Rilo Kiley- Take Offs And Landings
My Slumbering Heart- Rilo Kiley- The Execution of All Things
Camera Obscura – Houseboat- Camera Obscura
Our Deal- Best Coast- Crazy For You
Blessa- Toro Y Moi- Daytrotter Studio 9/14/2010
Stay Golden- Au Revoir Simone- Verses Of Comfort, Assurance, and Salvation
Trying My Best to Love You- Jenny Lewis- Acid Tongue
Two Doves- Dirty Projectors- Bitte Orca
Walk In The Park- Beach House- Teen Dream
Cleva- Erykah Badu- Mama’s Gun
Heartstopper- Emiliana Torrini- Fisherman’s Woman
Chain Of Fools- Aretha Franklin- Lady Soul
Pull Up The People- M.I.A.- Arular
God From The Machine- Santigold- Master of My Make-Believe
Down Boy- Yeah Yeah Yeahs- Is Is EP
Tick- Yeah Yeah Yeahs- Fever To Tell
Fineshrine- Purity Ring- Shrines
Jailer- Asa- Asa
I Wish I Knew How It Felt To Be Free- Nina Simone- Anthology
Radioactive – Pentatonix & Lindsay Stirling
She’s Leaving Home – The Beatles
Elephant Gun – Beirut
I Wish My Baby Was Born – Tim Eriksen, Riley Baugus, Tim O’Brien
Piazza, New York Catcher – Belle & Sebastian
Hold On – Alabama Shakes
Fly Away – Lenny Kravitz
Around the World – Red Hot Chili Peppers
Whole Lotta Love – Led Zeppelin
Baba O’Riley – The Who
Living Darfur – Mattafix
Jungle Animal – Pomplamoose
Like A Hobo – Charlie Winston
Ta Douleur – Camille
On The Radio – Regina Spektor
Get Me Away From Here, I’m Dying – Belle & Sebastian
Home – She & Him
Wildwood Flower – June Carter Cash
Bop Bop – Mean Lady
Dreams(Live) – Fleetwood Mac
Scissor & Runner – Jenny & Johnny
“Life On Mars?”- David Bowie
“Together Again”- Janet Jackson
“You”- Amy Lee
“Taste Of India”- Aerosmith
“Oops, I Did It Again”- Britney Spears
“Harmony”- Elton John
“The Sign”- Ace Of Base
“Sooner Or Later”- The Grass Roots
“3AM”- Matchbox 20
“Loving You”- Minnie Riperton
“I’m Every Woman”- Chaka Khan
“LDN”- Lily Allen
“Killer Queen”- Queen
“Up Yours”- No Doubt
“It’s Gonna Be Me”- Nsync
“Bistro Fada”- Stephane Wrembel
“All The Things She Said”- t.A.t.U.
“Woman”- John Lennon
“I Remember You”- Skid Row
“Boots of Danger (Wait Up)” -Tokyo Police Club
“Where Have All The Rude Boys Gone?” -Ted Leo and The Pharmacists
“Helicopter” -Bloc Party
Artist: Song (Album)
1. Chic Gamine: Closer (Closer)
2. Long Tall Deb: Let’s Get Lost (Raise Your Hands)
3. The Escorts: Turn On Your Love Light (Skydog: The Duane Allman Retrospective)
4. Boz Skaggs: Dry Spell (Memphis)
5. Arthur “Big Boy” Crudup: So Glad You’re Mine (The Father of Rock and Roll)
6. Teenage Kicks: Middle of the Night (Be On My Side)
7. Foxygen: San Francisco (We Are the 21st Century Ambassadors of Peace and Magic)
8. They Might Be Giants: Lost My Mind (Nanobots)
9. Leonard Cohen: I’m Your Man (Live from the Complex)
10. Richard Thompson: Stony Ground (Electric)
11. The Gray Havens: Let’s Get Married (Where Eyes Don’t Go)
12. Buffalo Springfield: Mr. Soul (The Best of Buffalo Springfield)
13. The Lovely Bad Things: Hear or Anywhere (The Late Great Whatever)
14. Robyn Hitchcock and the Eygyptians: Airscape (Element of Light)
15. Jimi Hendrix: Earth Blues (People, Hell and Angels)
16. Patti Smith: Soul Kitchen (Twelve)
17. The Hectors: Your Favorite Year (Her Dark Majesty)
18. Popstrangers: What Else Could They Do (Antipodes)
19. The Fabulous Thunderbirds: That’s the Way we Roll (On the Verge)
20. Biffy Clyro: Picture a Knife Fight (Opposites)
21. The Reverend Jimmie Bratcher: It Just Feels Right (Secretly Famous)
22. Edwyn Collins: Come Tomorrow Come Today (Johnny Marr and Friends: Solo Works and Sessions)
23. Flaming Lips: The Sun Blows Up (single)
24. Apparition: La Razon (Singularity)
25. Low: So Blue (The Invisible Way)
26. Tijuana Cartel: For the People (Tijuana Cartel)
27. Night Beds: Borrowed Time (Country Sleep)
28. The Rusty Wright Band: Man on Fire (This, That and the Other Thing)
29. The Who: Bargain (Who’s Next)