CHRIS PLAYED BY CHARLES BERMAN
1. What is actually happening when one “cracks” one’s knuckles?
2. What are cell phones called in the UK?
3. The “Civil War” was long known as what in the US South?
4. Please describe the plot of the film “Duck Soup.”
5. The Russian government recently passed a law banning Americans from doing what?
6. The Anarchist’s Cookbook has been banned from many schools. What is it about?
7. What does it mean for food to be served “a la Russe?”
8. Why would many Victorians often rub their teeth with honey mixed with charcoal?
9. Why are nickles larger than dimes?
10. What famous scientist became a member of the House of Lords, but never spoke except once to ask someone to open up a window?
11. Fish sticks were almost originally called “Frozen Cod Pieces.” Why was the name changed?
12. What is the name of the calendar we currently use?
-And why does it have this name?
13. What is the most common word in the English language?
14. Fill in the punchline:
-My dog has no nose. So how does it smell?
-Who was that lady I saw you with last night?
-Bacon and eggs walked into a bar.
-Two muffins are in an oven. One remarks that it is hot.
-Why don’t cannibals eat clowns?
15. In an orchestra, what does the concertmaster do?
16. Within 100, how many home runs were hit by Frank “Home Run” Baker?
17. Name an actor who has played Sherlock Holmes.
18. The basketball team The Harlem Globetrotters have almost never lost. Why?
19. What does They Might Be Giants’ name refer to?
20. Which US president was a licensed bartender?
21. Name something only one of us has read, heard, or seen.
22. Heads or tails.
(Note — all questions pertain to Adventure Time)
1. Name any character from the gender bending episode.
2. Who lives in Jake’s viola?
3. Name a magical power that rainicorns posses.
4. In order for Finn to understand Lady Rainicorn, they use a voice changer. Name one of the options for the voice changer.
5. What language does she speak in without it?
6. Name one of the attempted solutions to make roughhousing less rough.
7. What waving character appears in every episode?
8. In the episode where Jake and Finn are trapped in Marceline’s closet, what instrument did Finn bring to jam with?
9. What is the name of Princess Bubblegum’s pet rat?
10. What do Finn and Jake wish for at the end of the maze?
1. On his birthday today, David Bowie announced his first album in 10 years. What will it be called?
Bonus question: What was the name of his last album?
2. What is Bowie’s real name and why did he have to change it?
3. What TV show features a character with Bowie’s real name?
4. Before he kicked the habit in 2004, how many cigarettes per day did Bowie reportedly smoke?
5. Bowie fronted what hard-rock band from 1988-1992?
Bonus question: Two of his bandmates were sons of what famous comedian?
6. Sing us a Bowie song.
7. In 1956, Elvis Presley made his network TV debut on what program?
8. In the early 1960s, Elvis had an unusual pet. What was it?
9. What were the names of Elvis’ parents?
10. In what movie did Elvis play two roles?
11. What Elvis movie did he always cite as his favorite?
12. Sing us an Elvis song.
13. What TV shows has Stephen Hawking played himself in cameo roles? (1 point each)
14. Hawking was born exactly 300 years after the death of what other famous scientist?
15. Hawking is a big fan of what iconic actress?
16. Who wrote the preface to Hawking’s book “A Brief History of Time”?
17. Hawking holds the record for appearing the most times in what online parody series?
18. Stephen Hawking, call in for a point.
19. What was the name of William Hartnell’s first episode as the Doctor in “Doctor Who”?
20. What was the name of his last story?
Bonus question: What long-running “Doctor Who” villains were introduced in that final story?
What safety device was required to be installed on all cars after 2001 by the US government?
What is Banzai Skydiving?
Who was the first natural born president of the United States?
According to Forbes magazine, who is the ritchest fictional character?
What was the name of Captain Picard’s fish?
How many flowers does it take for bees to make a pound of honey?
Artist: Song (Album)
1. Dar Williams: What Do You Hear in These Sounds? (What Do You Hear in These Sounds EP)
2. The Dream Syndicate: Let It Rain (The Bigtime Syndrome)
3. The Dukhs: It’s Alright Ma I’m Only Bleeding (The Village)
4. Doctor John: Getaway (Locked Down)
5. Mott the Hoople: Roll Away the Stone (Greatest Hits)
6. Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds: Tupelo (Live Seeds)
7. Xyra and Verborgen: Prometheus Scatters Ashes (Where Glass Birds Fly)
8. Buckwheat Zydeco: Jeleron (Louisiana Live From Mountain Stage)
9. Hypnotic Clambake: Square Dance Messiah (Square Dance Messiah)
10. Lead Belly: Gallis Pole (A Taste of Tradition, Volume Two)
11. Rage Against the Machine: Bomb Track Demo Version (Rage Against the Machine)
12. Eddie Grant: Electric Avenue (12 inch single)
13. John Lee Hooker: Mama You Got a Daughter (City of Angels Movie Soundtrack)
14. Little Feat: Candy Man Blues (Rooster Rag)
15. Asteroids Galaxy Tour: Inner City Blues (Makes Me Wanna Holler) (Fruit)
16. Jamasutra: Anne Atomique (Revolution Down the Road)
17. Justin Townes Earle: Baby’s Got a Bad Idea (Nothing’s Gonna Change the Way You Feel About Me Now)
18. Demons and Wizards: Immigrant Song (Touched By the Crimson King)
19. Pink Floyd: Fearless (Meddle)
20. Ani DiFranco: Little Plastic Castle (Little Plastic Castle)
21. Graham Parker and the Rumour: Watch the Moon Come Down (This is 40 Movie Soundtrack)
22. Rachel Yamagata: Both Sides Now (The Village)
23. Hank Williams: Cool Water (Alone with His Guitar)
24. The Dead Milkmen: Cold Hard Ground (The King in Yellow)
25. Cabaret Voltaire: Product Patrol (If You Can’t Please Yourself, You Can’t Please Your Soul)
26. Apocalyptica: Fade to Black (Inquisition Symphony)