What Is the month of January named for?
During the filming of The African Queen in the Belgian Congo, the entire cast and crew were sickened with dysentery except for Humprey Bogart. Why?
What famous singer/songwriter wrote the jingles for State Farm Insurance, Band Aid, and McDonalds?
What is the lowest grossing movie of 2012?
Describe the organization known as “The Order Of The Occult Hand”
Are Zebras white with black stripes or black with white stripes?
How did the the band Death Cab For Cutie get their name?
From the Caffeine Kid:
1. For one point each, describe the plot of any of the “Doctor Who” Christmas specials.
2. According to writer David Gerrold, what was the original name for the Tribbles in the “Star Trek” episode “The Trouble with Tribbles”?
3. What is a great blue skimmer?
Bonus question: Where can one be found?
4. What were the two iconic buildings from the 1939 World’s Fair called?
5. What was the world’s first commercially licensed radio station?
6. What event led to the ball drop in Times Square on New Year’s Eve?
7. In what two years was the Times Square ball not dropped, and why?
8. What are the top three tourist destinations to ring in the New Year?
9. What do people in Italy do on New Year’s Day to bring good luck for the rest of the year?
10. In Colombia, Cuba and Puerto Rico, what New Year’s tradition helps banish bad memories from the previous year?
11. What Roman god is January named after, and why?
12. When is Orthodox New Year?
13. Why is it not January 1?
14. In ancient Egypt, what event dictated the timing of New Year’s celebrations?
15. Bad New Year’s resolution.
Artist: Song (Album)
1. Donovan: New Year’s Resovolution (Open Road)
2. Moxy Fruvious: No No Raja (You Will Go to the Moon)
3. Buzzcocks: Dont’ Look Back (Survive and Advance Volume 3)
4. Iggy Pop: The Passenger (Lust for Life)
5. Soul Coughing: The Brooklynites (Blue in the Face Movie Soundtrack)
6. Cake: Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps (Fashion Nugget)
7. They Might Be Giants: Birdhouse in Your Soul (Flood)
8. Wally Pleasant: She’s in Love with a Geek (Songs About Stuff)
9. Feedback Revival: Hell and High Water (Hell and High Water)
10. Leo Kottke: World Turning (Standing in My Shoes)
11. Gus Cannon’s Jug Stompers: Walk Right In (When the Sun Goes Down, Volume 1: Walk Right In)
12. B-52s: Private Idaho (Just Can’t Get Enough: New Wave Hits of the 80s)
13. Francis Dunnery: Too Much Saturn (Live From River Music Hall Volume 1)
14. OK Go: This Will Be Our Year (Future Soundtrack for America)
15. B.B. King: She’s Dynamite (Let’s Move)
16. Led Zeppelin: Battle of Evermore (untitled)
17. Heather Nova: London Rain (Siren)
18. Trampled By Turtles: Baby’s in Black (Minnesota Beatle Project Volume 4)
19. Madness: One Step Beyond (Slam Jams)
20. Splashdown: Karma Slave (Titan A.E. Movie Soundtrack)
21. Neon and Shy: Songs in Excel (I Don’t Want to Be Your Friend)
22. Rufus Wainwright featuring Sharon Van Etten: Baby It’s Cold Outside (Holidays Rule)
23. Joni Mitchell: Case of You (blue)
24. We Were Promised Jetpacks: Act on Impulse (In the Pit of the Stomach)
25. Leonard Cohen: Everybody Knows (I’m Your Man)
26. Not Waving But Drowning: The Mission (Processional)
27. Little Brother Montgomery: The First Time I Met the Blues (When the Sun Goes Down, Volume 2: The First Time I Met the Blues)