Name a town or citiy in New York State named after a European town or city.
What U.S. president is in the wrestling hall of fame?
When is Bruce Wayne’s birthday?
What is Dendrochronology?
What is the difference between a meteor, a meteoroid, and a meteorite?
CHRIS PLAYED BY CHARLES BERMAN
1. What were the Houston Astros called before the Astrodome was built?
2. What is both a part of the body and an important element in serving drinks?
3. Please describe the plot of The Trial.
4. What is a golem?
5. People are often depicted biting gold watches or coins soon after acquiring them. Why would one do that?
6. What is a “stripped book?”
7. According to the US constitution, how must war be declared?
Bonus- When was the last time war was declared in this way?
8. What is a tandem bicycle?
9. What was the Iran-Contra Scandal?
10. What is the difference between Russia and Prussia?
11. What is often used in lotion in North America, and in beverages in East Asia?
12. When should you use “who” v “whom?”
13. Name a movie sequel in which at least one character is played by a different actor.
14. Where is beer sold in plastic bottles and why?
15. Who killed Martin Luther King Jr? What about John Lennon? And what about Malcolm X?
16. The strength of a flashlight is usually measured in what? What about an air conditioner?
17. What is the name of a novelty musician from the 1940s and a current filmmaker?
18. Describe the plot of any Laurel & Hardy or Marx Brothers movie.
19. How did Netflix work before streaming video became practicable?
20. What does an anglophone do?
21. How does the Kyrie from Mozart’s requiem go?
22. Name something only one of us has read, heard, or seen.
23. Heads or tails.
1. What Doctor from Doctor Who is associated with version of theme song (listen to the show to hear the version).
2. Name any work by Kilgore Trout.
1) Why is it that a duck’s quack doesn’t echo?
2) Why were comics with Donald Duck in them banned from Sweeden?
3) Who created the first known iteration of the modern scissor?
4)What is the only mammal that cannot jump?
5)What is the only kind of bird that can see the color bule?
6)What is the strongest muscle in the body?
7) Name another species of animal, besides humans, who have sex for pleasure
8)The original 1949 ENIAC computer occupied an entire city block, what size would the
equivelant amount of computing power be today?
9) There was once a study of 200,000 Ostriches, observed over 80 years. What did this study
find that no ostrich ever did?
10) Its common knowledge that Rats multiply very quickly, but how quickly? How many
descendants is it possible for two rats to create in 18 months?
I Love You Always Forever – Jukebox the Ghost
Turn It On Again – Genesis
The End Has No End – The Strokes
Upside Down – Barenaked Ladies
Helicopter – Bloc Party
The Beard Accessory Store – The Beards
TALES FROM THE SECOND CHANCE BIN
All At Once – Jenn Alexander (Worth A Listen)
We Are The Wild Things – The Republik (Worth A Listen)
Pretty Girl From Cedar Lane – The Avett Brothers
The Whole World and You – Tally Hall
Step Into My Office, Baby – Belle & Sebastian
Lethal Enforcer – We Are Scientists
Music Must Change – The Who
Caravan – Van Morrison
Angels – The xx
Read My Mind – The Killers
Thunder Road – Bruce Springsteen
St. Tropez – Pink Floyd
This Is the Song (Good Luck) – Punch Brothers
Hard Sun – Eddie Vedder
First show of the semester! Thank you for listening!
The Boxer – Mumford & Sons
Wagon Wheel – Old Crow Medicine Show
Ho Hey – The Lumineers
Not with Haste – Mumford & Sons
32 Flavors – Ani DiFranco
Holocene – Bon Iver
With My Own Two Hands – Ben Harper
Old Smitty – Sarah Jarosz
Hold On – Alabama Shakes
When Its Over – Sugar Ray
Try A Little Tenderness – Otis Redding
Her Morning Elegance – Oren Lavie
One Big Holiday – My Morning Jacket
Enjoy The Rida Feat. Judie Tzuke – Morcheeba
Book Of – WordSmith
Home – Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros
Beast of Burden – The Rolling Stones
I’m On Fire – Bruce Springsteen
Soul to Squeeze – Red Hot Chili Peppers
Kings and Queens – 30 Seconds to Mars
The High Road – Broken Bells
“Misty Mountain Hop”- Led Zeppelin
“Oh Daddy”- Bessie Smith
“Love of my life”- Queen
“Bills, Bills, Bills”- Destiny’s Child
“The Weight”- The Band
“I had lost my mind”- Daniel Johnston
“Help me Rhonda”- The Beach Boys
“The Boys of Summer”- Don Henley
“Be with you”- Enrique Iglesias
“I just want to be your everything”- Andy Gibb
“Society”- Eddie Vedder
“Excuse me Mr”- No Doubt
“Glass Onion”- The Beatles
“Lemon Tree”- Fool’s Garden
“Lucky Star”- Madonna
“Silver Cloud”- The Cells
“Candle in the Wind”- Elton John
“Who Loves you?”- The Four Seasons
“Just the way you are”- Billy Joel
“Let Her Cry”- Hootie and the Blowfish
“It Happens Every Time”- Dream Street
“Rag Doll”- Aerosmith
Artist: Song (Album)
1. Moxy Fruvous: Got to Get a Message to You (You Will Go to the Moon)
2. Scissor Sisters: Year of Living Dangerously (Magic Hour)
3. Delta Saints: Boogie (Death Letter Jubilee)
4. Fellaheen: Isle of the Moon (Death
5. Firewater: Dark Days Indeed (The Man on the Burning Tightrope)
6. Oaks: Falls (Field Beat)
7. Avett Brothers: The Once and Future Carpenter (The Carpenter)
8. Engloria: Found a Girl (Shine)
9. Frightened Rabbit: Holy (Pedestrian Verse)
10. The Virginmarys: Just a Ride (King of Conflict)
11. Need to Breathe: Drive All Night (The Reckoning)
12. Deadbeat Darling: Surf India (The Angel's Share)
13. Veda Hille: 26 Years (Spine)
14. Diamond Youth: Cannonball (Orange)
15. The Who: Join Together (30 Years of Maximum R and B)
16. Buddy Guy: Coming for You (Live at Legends)
17. Fatboy Slim: Weapon of Choice (The Greatest Hits: Why Try Harder)
18. Sonic Cult: Up and Up (Sonic Cult EP)
19. Skinny Lister: If the Gaff Don't Let Us Down ((Forge and Flagon)
20. Hugh Laurie: St. James Infirmary (Let Them Talk)
21. The Slide Brothers: Don't Keep Me Wondering (The Slide Brothers)
22. Something Wild: Trippin' Out (Pebbles Volume 7)
23. Radio Birdman: What Gives? (Radios Appear)
24. American Royalty: Hungry (Prismatic)
25. Doc Gyneco: Caramel (Global Soul)
26. Royksopp: In Space (Melody A.M.)
27. U2: With or Without You (Island Story)
28. Ivan Alyosha: Easy to Love (All the Times We Had)