[From 7-10 p.m. Tuesday]
Fun chat with the My Sweet Patootie posse – Sandra Swannell (fiddle), Terry Young (guitar/mandolin) and Bradford Nowack (percussion). They’ll play Sunday at Endicott Performing Arts Center (endicottarts.com). Songs we played:
“Daddy Needs a New Tractor”
“Little Red Wagon”
“Whistling & Jangling” (NEW)
“Under the Sun” (NEW)
“Hit Me with Your Best Shot”
From there, we did a set inspired by the Patootie chat.
“When Dad and Uncle Archie Lost the Farm” / “Minnie’s Lullaby” – Tanglefoot
“I Scare Myself” / “Who Are You?” – Dan Hicks & the Hot Licks
“I Married a Magician” – The Dust Poets
“Ghostwriter” – Caravan of Thieves
And then it was a good mix for the last hour:
“Sugar Cane” – Mary Gauthier (NEW live version)
“Bird by Bird” – Joe Crookston
“God & Country” – Peyton Tochterman
“Rastus Russell” – Adrienne Young
“25 to Life” – The Stray Birds
“Whoop & Holler” – Ray Wylie Hubbard
“How Would It Be” – Ellis Delaney
“Barbies & Broncos” – Lindsey Mac
“All His Exes” – Sylvie Lewis
“flowersandfireflies” – Samantha Murphy
“Girl Lover” – Deni Bonet (NEW)
“Things I Should Let You Know” – Seth Glier (NEW)
“Arrow” – The Rescues (NEW)
I believe next week is the last three-hour show of the winter break, and I have no guest lined up, so tune in to see what I come up with.
The Andrews Sisters had their first hit with a song in a language other than English, what language was it?
What is the title of David Sedaris’s new book?
Where does Cashmere come from?
What is a group of cats called?
Name a landlocked country that has a navy.
Who was the British Prime Minister before Tony Blair?
1. Why are aficionados called “fans?”
2. Please describe the plot of the film “The Birds.”
3. Legislature regarding “cannabis” often affects where you are allowed to smoke pot. Why?
4. What was Buddha’s name?
5. What religion worships Emperor Haile Selassie of Ethiopia?
6. What is a pith helmet meant to protect you from?
7. Why did Canada print no dollar bills in 2007?
8. How old do you have to be not to have to take your shoes off before flying?
9. What is both a kind of column and a kind of subatomic particle?
10. What is a bildungsroman?
11. What famous American author married a fourteen-year-old?
12. What was the score of the superbowl?
13. What is dadaism?
14. What is both a part of the body and a musical instrument?
15. Where are the Blue Ridge Mountains?
16. The Doge was traditionally the monarch of where?
17. What spices are in allspice?
18. Please describe the plot of the book “Caps for Sale.”
19. Certain types of electrical wiring are referred to as “male” or “female.” Why?
20. What do the 20s refer to in the phrase “20/20 vision?”
21. What parties are fighting over what in the war in Mali?
22. Name a TV show that has had a gap of five years or more between seasons.
23. Name something only one of us has read/heard/seen.
24. Heads or tails?
1. Name anything written by Kilgore Trout.
2. Albus Dumbledore has three middle names. Name one.
3. Who narrated Arrested Development?
4. Who narrated The Royal Tennenbaums?
5. Who narrated The War of the Worlds (the 2005 film)?
1) What percentage of people tilt their head to the right, compared to the left, when going
in for a kiss?
2) What percentage of long term relationships start with one or both members already in a
3) What airport is ranked the #1 for making a love connection?
4) When online dating, more women are scared of meeting a serial killer than anything else,
What are men most afraid of?
5) What is the ratio of pornographic websites to non-pornographic ones on the internet?
6) What animal product is a main ingredient in many high class perfumes?
7) Give a color of rose, and its symbolic meaning.
8) At what point in life does a man’s beard grow fastest?
9) What is the maximum number of friendships that the human brain is capable of maintaing?
10) On average, how long does it take to get over an ex?
11) How many seconds does it take for a silence to become awkward?
1. What popular psychoanalysis book was published in 1899?
2. What is a thousand year old egg?
3. What is kimchi and how is it made?
4. What is balut?
5. Which candy company is named after a shogunate?
6. What is the difference between crème brulee and flan?
7. What are tapioca pearls made of?
8. What is a béchamel sauce and how is it made?
9. Why were cornflakes made?
10. What is the first pizzeria, where is it, and when did it open?
11. What do Americans think perogi is and what is it actually?
Artist: Song (Album)
1. The Growlers: Someday (Hung at Heart)
2. Donora: Play Nice (Play Nice)
3. Tedeschi Trucks Band: Rollin’ and Tumblin’ (Everybody’s Talkin’)
4. Thomas Dolby: Hyperactive (The Sole Inhabitant)
5. Yo La Tengo: Is That Enough (Fade)
6. No Escape for the King: Frostbite (13 Fjords)
7. Mother Mother: Business Man (The Sticks)
8. Yeasayer: Second Hand News (Rumours Revisited)
9. DRGN King: Holy Ghost (Paragraph Nights)
10. Jerry Douglas with Mumford and Sons and Paul Simon: The Boxer (Traveler)
11. Engloria: Shine (Shine)
12. Skinny Lister: Rollin’ Over (Forge and Flagon)
13. Terrance Simien and the Zydeco Experience: Dance Everyday (Across the Parish Line)
14. Talking Heads: Radiohead (single)
15. Honeyboy Edwards with James Cotton: Crossroads Blues (Blues Power: The Songs of Eric Clapton)
16. The Bronx: Pilot Light (The Bronx)
17. Ra Ra Riot: Dance with Me (Beta Love)
18. Peter Peter: Beaute Baroque (Une Version Amelioree de la Tristesse)
19. Comsat Angels: Missing in Action (Made in Britain)
20. Parquet Courts: Borrowed Thyme (Light Up Gold)
21. Frank Black and the Catholics: Black Letter Day (Black Letter Days)
22. Oingo Boingo: I’m Afraid (LA In)
23. Julia Massey and the Five Finger Discount: Orbiter (Five Letters From Far Away)
24. PS I Love You: Moonage Daydream (Paper Bag Records vs. Ziggy Stardust)
25. Pat Kelly: Whiter Shade of Pale (Pop Hits Reggae Style)
26. James Solberg: Ballad of Thin Man (Tangled Up in Blues: The Songs of Bob Dylan)
27. The Wheel Workers: Power (Past to Present)
28. Jackson Browne with David Lindley: For Everyman (Bread and Roses)