[From 7-8:30 p.m. Tuesday]
Cool interview tonight with Josh Hanson, lead singer and songwriter for indie folk trio Yellow Red Sparks. You can learn more about their new self-titled album and see videos on their website at yellowredsparks.com. Here are the songs we played:
“Monsters with Misdemeanors”
“A Play to End All Plays”
“My Machine Gun”
“Happiness Comes in a Box”
“Scents and Sensibilities”
“To Love and Loathe”
“Hope on a Rope”
“Yellow Red Sparks”
From there, we did the local event roundup and then some new music.
“Everybody’s Cryin’ Mercy” – Brother Sun
“Easy Money” – Kally O’Malley
“Another Sunday Psalm” – The Leisure Society
“Koo Koo the Bird Girl” – Naymedici
We capped it off with a couple of songs for the Red-Headed Stranger’s 80th birthday.
“Seven Spanish Angels” – Willie Nelson and Ray Charles
“On the Road Again” – Willie Nelson
Tune in next Tuesday at 7, when my guest will be singer/songwriter and jazz guitarist Leni Stern. I’m looking forward to this one, and so should you.
1 – Within 5 years, what is the average lifespan of a Mayfly
2 – What is a Monotreme?
2a – Give 2 examples of this
3 – Which 4 notes make up a G aug 7 chord
4 – What non-human, non-raven, non-herring, non-bearded animal would one of the panelist be and why?
What is the Pinochio Effect?
What is a Lexical Gap?
How was the soda Fanta invented?
When surveyed, how many vegetarians admitted to eating meat in the previous 24 hours?
Who is currently the fastest Star in a Reasonable Priced Car.
How many girlfriends did George Castanza have during the 9 seasons of Seinfeld.
Who voiced the character of Donnie on The Wild Thornberry’s?
How many calories do you gain from licking a stamp?
What was the color of Coca-Cola origianlly?
What is the dot over an “i” called?
Pick Up The Pannel
What year was the first iPod sold?
The first time Clint Eastwood was nominated for an Oscar, he won – for best director and best picture. For what film?
Which one of these people did not sign the Declaration of Independence: George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin?
Which blood type is called the universal recipient?
What is inside a kernel of popcorn that makes it pop?
What metal has the highest melting point?
CHRIS PLAYED BY CHARLES BERMAN
CHRIS PLAYED BY CHARLES BERMAN
1. Who is running for Mayor of Binghamton?
2. Why is Psy’s new video after “Gangnam Style” called?
3. Why has every Major League Baseball team retired the number 47?
4. What is both a kind of music and a kind of shoes?
5. Give the last name of any of these people: Dr. Phil, Judge Judy, Regis, Oprah, Sunny, or Penn (from Penn & Teller).
6. What is the difference between the internet and an intranet?
7. What pop hit consisted of a group named after a Mongolian singing in German about Russia?
8, Why was Slobodan Milosevic never convicted of his crimes as President of Serbia?
-Why was Charles Taylor never convicted of his crimes as President of the Ivory Coast?
9. Finish the joke:
-”Who was that lady I saw you with last night?”
-”Two pizzas walk into a bar…”
-”How do you get to Carnegie Hall?”
-”I just flew in from California.”
10. What was mummia and why is it no longer available in pharmacies?
-Why are there nonetheless many signs placed in public that announce “Free Mumia?”
11. Name a Charlie Chaplin movie.
12. Mail addressed to Santa Claude susually ends up at a town called North Pole. Where is North Pole?
13. Who, what, or, where is Athol?
14. What are the ingredients in ginger tea?
15. What is The Binghamton Club?
16. What was George Lincoln Rockwell known for?
17. Britain used to be a colony of where>
18. What are or were the Illuminati?
19. In what medium did The Addams Family originate?
-Why are they called The Addams Family?
20. Describe the location within Russia of Siberia?
21. Name something only one of us has read, heard, or seen.
22. Make up a game show. Point if we like it.
23. Heads or tails?
tumblr post: http://gomeztimewhrw.tumblr.com/post/49218543812/2013-04-27-episode-9
(opening tune: Kerrier District 3 – Kiss My Bass)
lifeformed – paper pete
Baio – Sunburn Modern
Sepalcure – DMD
smiletron – UNDERTOW
Daft Punk vs. Justice – L.U.C.K.Y.
Gorillaz – Aspen Forest
Joy Orbison – Donnell
Gold Panda – Brazil
Grip Grand – Space Salvage
A Tribe Called Quest – Motivators
Knxwledge – Draggin
De La Soul – Much more (Obsidian Blue Rmx)
Asylum 7 – Poli-Ticks
Nicholas – Solid
Sulumi – Jurchen (Elecoy Remix)
Pikoboy – The Truth
Jake Kaufman – Apprehend Them! (BONUS CHIP MIX)
CAKEDOG – SUM_SHIT02
kkjh – 6am.
Plaid – Coat
Plaid – Diddymousedid
The Rare Ould Times – Flogging Molly
Good Lovin’ – The Young Rascals
The Village Green Preservation Society – The Kinks
Bike – Pink Floyd
Police & Thieves – The Clash
My Brain Is Hanging Upside Down (Bonzo Goes To Bitburg) – Ramones
When Your Mind’s Made Up – The Frames
Last Night I Dreamt… – The Wombats
TALES FROM THE SECOND CHANCE BIN
Monday Sunday – Bob Barlow (The Horror, The Horror)
Charades – The Hongs (The Horror, The Horror)
The Impression That I Get – The Mighty Mighty Bosstones
1901 – Phoenix
DJ ANGO’S PICKS
Dazed and Confused – Led Zeppelin
21st Century – Red Hot Chili Peppers
The Tide – The Spill Canvas
Firewater – Yellowcard
The Suffering – Coheed and Cambria
Who I Am Hates Who I’ve Been – Relient K
A Corner – John Frusciante
Unholy Confessions – Avenged Sevenfold
Thank you for the listening!
I Could Die For You – Red Hot Chili Peppers
The General – Dispatch
Come Away to the Water (feat. Rozzi Crane) – Maroon 5
Tell Me Baby – Red Hot Chili Peppers
Tomorrow Will Be Kinder – The Secret Sisters
Kids – The Ooks of Hazzard
Under the Bridge – Red Hot Chili Peppers
Born To Die – Lana Del Rey
Here Comes The Sun (Live) – Richie Havens
In The Meantime – Spacehog
32 Flavors – Ani DiFranco
Stadium Arcadium – Red Hot Chili Peppers
I Need A Dollar – Aloe Blacc
Can’t Hold Us (feat. Ray Dalton) – Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
End of Time – Beyonce
——Apprentice Mike Time!——
Just A Girl – No Doubt
With a Girl Like You – The Troggs
Utopia – YACHT
Oblivion – Grimes
Wut – Le1f
“Summertime”- Aaron Carter ft. Baha Men
“So Nice So Smart”- Kimya Dawson
“Independent Woman Part I”- Destiny’s Child
“Hook”- Blues Traveler
“Walk”- The Four Seasons
“Get The Funk Out Of My Face”- Brothers Johnson
“Sea Of Love”- The Honey Drippers
“So Happy I Could Die”- Lady Gaga
“All My Loving”- The Beatles
“Lucky”- Britney Spears
“Should I Stay Or Should I Go?”- The Clash
“Bennie and The Jets”- Elton John
“This Kiss”- Faith Hill
“All Apologies”- Nirvana
“Whenever, Wherever”- Shakira
“Ocean Breathes Salty”- Modest Mouse
“Underneath It All”- No Doubt ft. Lady Saw
“Cherry Bomb”- The Runaways
“I Knew I Loved You”- Savage Garden
“MakeDamnSure”- Taking Back Sunday
“All I Want Is You”- Barry Louis Polisar
“Rabbit Heart”- Florence and The Machine
“But Honestly”- The Foo Fighters
“Late Night”- Foals
Artist: Song (Album)
1. Saint Anne’s Place: Black Cat Moan (Earth Shaker)
2. Os Mutantes: Piccadilly Willie (Fool Metal Jack)
3. The Haunted: 1-2-5 (Pebbles Volume I)
4. The Delta Routine: Waste Your Time (Cigarettes and Caffeine Nightmares)
5. Gogol Bordello: Immigrant Punk (Gypsy Punks / Underdog World Strike)
6. Ash Gray and the Girls: Bus Stop (Born in the Summer)
7. Marillion: Punch and Judy (Fugazi)
8. The Thermals: The Sunset (Desperate Ground)
9. Rachel Schain: Songbird (LilacFace)
10. Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark: Metroland (English Electric)
11. X-Ray Spex: Let’s Submerge (Hope and Anchor Front Row Festival)
12. Reckless Ones: Come Back (Reckless Ones EP)
13. Eternal Fair: Dead Dog Hero (The Horse That Carries the Wheel)
14. Paris Combo: Lux (5)
15. David Bowie: If You Can See Me (The Next Day)
16. Cher: Bang Bang My Baby Shot Me Down (Rock of Ages)
17. Bleached: Dreaming Without You (Ride My Heart)
18. The Band Perry: Better Dig Two (Pioneer)
19. James Cotton featuring Warren Haynes: Something I Need (Cotton Mouth Man)
20. The Who: 5:15 (My Generation: The Very Best of the Who)
21. Tim Hardin with Peter Frampton: Never Too Far (Greater Antilles Sampler)
22. La Grange: Walk Through Walls (Ashes)
23. Redtenbacher’s Funkestra: Unsquare Blues (The Cooker)
24. Rob Heath: Thrill Ride Operator (The Trick)
25. Billy Bragg: Your Name on My Tongue (Tooth and Nail)
26. Alkaline Trio: Only Love (My Shame is True)
27. Kalweit and the Spokes: Murky Stuff (Mulch)
Anthrax (feat. Public Enemy)- Bring tha Noise
Gorilla Biscuits- High Hopes
Megadeth- Tornado of Souls
Cro-Mags – Don’t Tread on Me
Cro-Mags – Face the Facts
Cro-Mags – Do Unto Others
Star Wars OST- Cantina Band
King Crimson- 3 of a Perfect Pair
Talking Heads- Burning Down the House
Van Halen- Eruption
Van Halen- You Really Got Me
Metallica- Seek and Destroy
Metallica- Metal Militia
Death Angel- Bored
Megadeth- Holy Wars/Punishment Undue
Megadeth- Hangar 18
Cro-Mags- World Peace
Jandek- For Today