[From 7 to 8:30 p.m. Tuesday]
Fun interview with Dana Stewart and Bob Rynone of local blues/rock band Voodoo Highway. Learn more about them at voodoohighwayband.com. Here are the songs of theirs that we played in between interview segments:
“Wolves at My Door”
“Don’t Go Lookin’ for Trouble”
“Walmart Killed Main Street”
“Hidin’ Out with the Blues”
Tune in next Tuesday at 7 p.m. to hear what I’ve cooked up.
Chris Played by Charles Berman
1. What Major League Baseball Player was known to buy his own autograph on eBay?
2. Whet is a kind of baseball player, a kind of horse, and a kind of cigar?
3. How does the game of Calvinball work?
4. It was already common for people to own calling cards even before telephones were introduced. What for?
5. Describe the premise of the television show Red Dwarf.
6. What does USB stand for?
7. Something called “contraband” has been banned in every country in the world. Why?
8. What can you do with an enhanced driver’s license as opposed to a standard one?
9. Rand-McNally appears on many maps even though it has never been officially recognized as a country. Why?
10. Why are there little holes in the doors of elevators.
11. Why did the US Supreme Court not become involved in the Salem Witch Trials?
12. In computers, what is DRM?
13. What is the difference between an translator and an interpreter?
14. Name someone who has a mononym.
15. What was Che Guevara’s first name?
What country did he come from?
16. Describe the flavor of something none of us has tasted.
17. What TV character was notable for having a phone in his shoe?
In that show, what did the Cone of Silence do?
18. Name a writer who translated him- or herself?
19. Sysyphus was known for doing what?
20. In languages, what is the T-V distinction?
21. The Legend of the Invisible City of Kitezh and of the Maiden Fevronya by Nikolay Andreyevich Rimsky-Korsakov is a well-known opera. What is it called and who wrote it?
22. Name something only one of us has read, heard, or seen.
23. Make up a game show. Point if we like it.
24. Heads or tails?
How did the Supreme leader of North Korea, Kim Jong-Il die?
How did Kim Jong-Il do the first time he played golf?
What magical creature is Scotland’s national animal?
What is the Western Lowland Gorilla’s scientific name?
On the set of Return of the Jedi, which actor generously bought Star Wars figurines for the child inside the Ewok costume?
What happens when you type “i want to die” into Google?
What is the most common blood type?
Which US president was the only one with a bartending license?
THE RED HARRING
1. How many species of penguins are there?
2. What is the name of the species of penguin that lives on the Galapagos Islands?
3. What is the classic “tuxedo” coloring of the penguin called?
4. Do penguins eyes work better underwater or in air?
5. What is the largest penguin?
6. What is the smallest penguin?
7. What operating system’s mascot is a penguin? :C
8. What was the eighteenth century slang for penguin?
9. What bird held the name penguin before its extinction in 1852?
10. What is the place where penguins mate and raise their young?
What is Reverse Grafitti?
Today the average person laughs 4-6 minutes a day, what was that number in the 1950’s?
In a recent scientific study, what did researches find was the effect of putting a beautiful woman near a group of men?
What is Aerogel?
When is National Peanut Butter Jelly Time?
Everyone knows of the three monkeys personifying See no Evil, Hear No Evil, and Speak no Evil, however, there is a little know fourth monkey. what does it personify?
What happens at Disney World if you yell “Andy is coming” in front of a Toy Story character?
Say a sentince that, when spelled out, can be read backwards and forward as the same words.
How do you cure the hiccups?
Bad Super Power
Pick up the Panel
There are only 4 remaining phone booth’s in New York City, where are they located?
What is the longest running film in theatrical release?
What Stanley Kubrick movie was banned in the United Kingdom until after Kubrick’s death in 1999?
Name all the members of the Muppet band “Dr. Teeth & The Electric Mayhem”
Also, what real musician is Dr. Teeth modeled after?
Only one coach in the entire history of the University Of Kansas basketball program had a losing record, who was it?
Mikety Mike McMike
1. Right Light + Green Light = ???
2. Spoiler Alert: Who Framed Roger Rabit?
3. Famous Uncles of TV/Cinema (character and actor who played) a.) The actor who played this successful uncle also did the voice for Shredder on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. b.) This wacky uncle really loved to laugh, but battled with equally powerful separation anxiety.
1. Name the main characters in the movie Zombieland
2. According to Max Brooks’ Zombie Survival Guide, are zombies fast or slow?
Bonus: Can they reach you if you move to an island?
3. Who is the man on the Chef Boyardee can?
4. When is world Nutella day?
5. How often is a jar of Nutella sold?
6. Who was the longest reigning ruler of Europe?
Bonus: How long did he rule?
7. Why is bubble gum pink?
Mirrors – Justin Timberlake
Them – Little Green Cars
Drones in the Valley – Cage the Elephant
My Big Mouth – Oasis
I’d Like To Know – Supergrass
TALES FROM THE SECOND CHANCE BIN
Goin’ Home – The Heavy Guilt (Worth A Listen)
Turn Out The Lights – Jayk Forever (Worth A Listen)
Cross Eyed Mary – Jethro Tull
Don’t Leave Me (Ne Me Quitte Pas) – Regina Spektor
Sweet Disposition – The Temper Trap
Burden of Tomorrow – The Tallest Man on Earth
DJ ANGO’S PICKS
Jumper – Cartel
Start Wearing Purple – Gogol Bordello
Venice Queen – Red Hot Chili Peppers
Everlong – Foo Fighters
Don’t You (Forget About Me) – Simple Minds
Cecilia – Simon & Garfunkel
Each Coming Night – Iron & Wine
Alex – Punch Brothers
Tuesday April 16. Thank you for tuning in!
Rox in the Box – The Decemberists
I Will Follow You Into The Dark – Death Cab For Cutie
At Last – Etta James
Rock Around The Clock – Bill Haley & The Comets
Mr Sandman – Chordettes
Don’t Be Cruel – Elvis Presley
Into the Mystic – Van Morrison
Lookin’ Out My Back Door – Creedence Clearwater Revival
Helpless – Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
The Harder They Come (Live) – Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
Carry On – Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
Santeria – Sublime
Red Right Ankle – The Decemberists
America – Razorlight
Stars In Their Eyes – Just Jack
Something About The Fire (Carlos Serrano Mix) – Adele vs. Daft Punk
Walkin’ After Midnight – Patsy Cline
Elusive Dreams – Nancy Sinatra
Everywhere I Go – Lissie
Pony Ony O – Mean Lady
I Call Your Name – The Mamas & The Papas
I Remember You – Rilo Kiley
All This and Heaven Too – Florence + The Machine
This Isn’t Our Parade – Santigold
“Sentimental Heart”- She & Him
“Not Fade Away”- The Rolling Stones
“Platinum Blonde Life”- No Doubt
“You’re Pretty Good Looking”- The White Stripes
“Ain’t No Sunshine”- Bill Withers
“Stars Are Blind”- Paris Hilton
“The End”- The Beatles
“That’s All”- Nat King Cole
“Wouldn’t It Be Nice”- The Beach Boys
“Centerfold”- J Geils Band
“As Long As You Love Me”- The Backstreet Boys
“A Change Is Gonna Come”- The Gits
“I’ll Tumble 4 Ya”- The Culture Club
“My Life”- Billy Joel
“Oh, Me”- Nirvana
“A Guy What Takes His Time”- Christina Aguilera
“Big Yellow Taxi”- Joni Mitchell
“Obsession”- Frankie J and Baby Bash
“Only Wanna Be With You”- Hootie and The Blowfish
“Boys and Girls”- Good Charlotte
“I’ll Be There”- The Jackson 5
“New Born”- Muse
“Idioteque (Live)”- Radiohead
“Resuscitation of a Dead Man”- Thursday
“Quarantined”- At The Drive In
In Which We Find the Defendant Guilty:
Foo Fighters- I’ll Stick Around
Foo Fighters- X-Static
Baroness- Cockroach En Fleur
Protest the Hero- Bone Marrow
Parkway Drive- Hollow
Parkway Drive- Leviathan I
High On Fire- Bloody K-nuckles
Gojira- L’Enfant Sauvage
AC/DC- Shoot to Thrill
THE EMERGENCE OF A VASELINE DJ
Self Bias Resistor- Fear Factory
Elegy -Machine Head
Zippo – Corrosion of Conformity
Snap your Fingers-Prong
Message from Baghdad- Acrassicauda
Stein um Stein – Rammstein
Reise Reise – Rammstein
Zwitter – Rammstein
5 minutes alone -Pantera