[From 7-8:30 p.m. Tuesday]
Fun interview tonight with Gianni Napolitano from the Pine Hollows, a great retro-rock band reminiscent of the Beatles and other British Invasion bands. You can learn more about them at thepinehollows.com. Here are the songs we played from the band’s new album, “Something My Heart Understands.”
“How Can You Tell Her”
“All You Gotta Do”
“Go and Tell Him”
“She’s Gonna Break Your Heart”
“I Can’t Make Her Smile”
“Something My Heart Understands”
From there, it was stuff from WHRW’s new bin, but a few extras.
“Through the Deep, Dark Wood” – The Veils (NEW)
“Shook Our Bones” – Teenage Kicks (NEW)
“Sweet Potion” – Hank & Cupcakes (NEW)
“If You Can See Me” – David Bowie (NEW)
“Good Things Happen To Bad People” – Richard Thompson (NEW)
“Born Under a Bad Sign” – Albert King (NEW REISSUE)
“No Application” – Silverclub
“Dear Margaret” – The Kinks (Margaret Thatcher “tribute”)
Next week, members of local band Voodoo Highway will join me in the studio to talk about their new album. Tune in at 7 p.m. next Tuesday.
Chris Played by Charles Berman
1. What does a horologist study?
2. What is a continental breakfast and why is it called that?
3. What is an Indigo Child?
4. What is Christopher Columbus called in Spanish?
5. Name someone who ran for US Vice President and lost.
6. In recent years, very few boats have successfully been able to sail across the Holy See. Why?
7. What is DPI?
8. Since 1992, Red Square in Moscow has been known as what?
9.Name one of your human rights according to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
10. Describe the plot of the movie “Seven Psychopaths.”
11. What happens at the end of the original movie version of Moby Dick?
12. What is the intentional fallacy?
13. What US president served the most time in the military?
14. How do you play backgammon?
15. What category of person does not have to put stamps on his or her letters?
16. On what street was the meth lab that blew up in Binghamton a few weeks ago?
17. How did the photographer Weegee gain notoriety?
18. Name something considered so-bad-it’s good. Convince us.
19. Who was the first leader of North Korea?
20. What is ectoplasm?
21. For a million rollover points, convince us you have supernatural abilities.
22. Name something only one of us has read, heard, or seen.
23. Make up a game show. Point if we like it.
24. Heads or tails?
MIKETY MIKE MIKE MIKE McMIKE ON THE MICFamous Uncles of TV/Cinema (character and actor who played) a.) Actor who played this jokester-Uncle, dated fellow Canadian, singer Alanis Morrissette and became the subject of the song “You Oughta Know”. Guess he didn’t know when to “Cut It Out!” b.) Also played by a Canadian, noted for his loud car, oversized pancakes, and tobacco habits, managed to earn the respect of his brother’s children over the course of an eventful day. c.) The actor who played this successful uncle also did the voice for Shredder on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. He had a great appreciation for classical music, but couldn’t stand Jazz. e.) This wacky uncle really “loved to laugh”, due to an “uplifting” sense of humor, but battled with equally powerful separation anxiety. 2. Red light + green light = ?
BUTTERSCOTCH “NOT DUMPSWITCH” JONES
1) Are pickles a fruit or a vegetable?
2) What year did John Henry, the black railroad worker remembered in folklore for his strength, die?
3) What is it commonly said that people with red hair and freckles, also known as “gingers”, lack?
4) What do I tell people my favorite color is?
5) What is my actual favorite color?
What is known as “The Anthora”?
What spy novel author wrote “Chitty-Chitty Bang-Bang” and what children’s book author wrote the screenplay to “You Only Live Twice”?
What is generally considered to be the first fast food restaurant in America?
What is Resistentialism?
What planet (in our solar system) has the most moons?
Party Up – DMX
I Think I Love You – Less Than Jake
Extra Kings – The Avalanches
This Magic Moment – Lou Reed
Modern Love – David Bowie
Pump It Up – Elvis Costello
Big Love – Jamie Lidell
We Will Become Silhouettes – The Postal Service
TALES FROM THE SECOND CHANCE BIN
The Enduring Chill – Swampboots (The Horror, The Horror)
Argyle – Ponies Will Bite You (Worth A Listen)
Take Me Out – Franz Ferdinand
B Movie Saga – The Fratellis
California – Phantom Planet
Sweet Honey – Slightly Stoopid
DJ ANGO’S PICKS
The Science of Selling Yourself Short – Less Than Jake
Complicated – Avril Lavigne
My Life For Hire – A Day To Remember
Wishing Well – Blink-182
Why Can’t We Be Friends? – Smash Mouth
Losing Ground – Luke Davids
Two Of Us – The Beatles
Good Times Roll – The Cars
Tuesday April 9. Thank you for listening!
Sunshine of Your Love – Cream
Can’t You Hear Me Knocking – The Rolling Stones
Love Ain’t For Keeping – The Who
Polythene Pam – The Beatles
I’m On Fire – Bruce Springsteen
Brand New Cadillac – The Clash
Four Sticks – Led Zeppelin
Run Through The Jungle – Creedence Clearwater Revival
Helter Skelter – The Beatles
Dance to the Music – Sly and the Family Stone
Dancing Shoes – Arctic Monkeys
Dancing With Myself – Billy Idol
Let’s Dance to Joy Division – The Wombats
19-2000 (Soulchild remix) – Gorillaz
Dancing in the Street – Martha Reeves & The Vandellas
Come Dance With Me – Frank Sinatra
Say You’ll Be There – Spice Girls
S Club Party- S Club 7
I Don’t Feel Like Dancin’ – Scissor Sisters
Hit 'Em Up Style! (Oops) – Blu Cantrell
Tongue Tied (Gigamesh Remix) – Grouplove
Call Your Girlfriend – Robyn
Herz and Herz – Blumchen
“Steal My Sunshine”- Len
“Come On”- The Rolling Stones
“Express Yourself”- NWA
“Peace Frog”- The Doors
“Gimme Gimme Shock Treatment”- The Ramones
“Don’t Think I’m Not”- Kandi
“Floyd The Barber”- Nirvana
“Oh Yoko”- John Lennon
“Let It Burn”- Usher
“The Only Difference Between Martyrdom And Suicide Is Press Coverage”- Panic! At The Disco
“Who Will Save Your Soul?”- Jewel
“Rock And Roll”- Led Zeppelin
“Is This The World We Created?”- Queen
“Roll To Me”- Del Amitri
“We Want The Funk”- Parliament Funkadelic
“Open Your Heart”- Madonna
“All The Young Dudes”- Mott The Hoople
“Sailin’ On”- No Doubt
“The Waiting”- Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers
“The Shoop Shoop Song (It’s In His Kiss)”- Cher
“We’re Not Gonna Take It”- Twisted Sister
“You Took The Words Right Out Of My Mouth (Hot Summer Night)”- Meatloaf
“Just A Dream”- Am60
“Volunteers”- Jefferson Airplane
Artist: Song (Album)
1. Brad Vickers and His Vestapolitans: Dallas Blues (Great Day in the Morning)
2. Slim Cesna’s Auto Club: Goddamn Blue Yodel #7 (Always Say Please and Thank You)
3. Moxy Fruvous: Jockey Full of Bourbon (Live Noise)
4. The Little Willies: I Worship You (For the Good Times)
5. Richard Thompson: Straight and Narrow (Electric)
6. Neil Young: Oh, Susannah (Americana)
7. Alan Wilson: Going Up the Country (The Blind Owl)
8. Handsome Midnight: Hidden Master (Bittersweet Curse)
9. Yannick / Noah: Redemption Song (Hommage)
10. Rachel Schain: The Songs I’ll Never Write (LilacFace)
11. The Decembrists: Think About Me (Bridging the Distance)
12. Cyndi Lauper featuring Ann Peebles: Rollin’ and Tumblin’ (Memphis Blues)
13. Firewater: Paint it Black (Songs We Should Have Written)
14. Albert King: Crosscut Saw (Born Under a Bad Sign)
15. Foxygen: No Destruction (We Are the 21st Century Ambassadors of Peace and Magic)
16. Iggy Pop: Search and Destroy (Raw Power)
17. Pinn Panelle: Radio Free Europe (Under the Influence)
18. 1000 Homo DJ’s: Supernaut (Nativity in Black)
19. Dog Society: The Fuse Before (Emerge)
20. Laura Nyro: And When I Die (The First Songs)
21. Little Green Cars: Harper Lee (Absolute Zero)
22. Javelin: Judgement Nite (Hi Beams)
23. Mudhoney: Slipping Away (The Vanishing Point)
24. Sixpence None the Richer: Kiss Me (Morning Becomes Eclectic)
25. Clementine and the Galaxy: Taken (Clementine and the Galaxy EP)
26. Viva Voce: Eye in the Sky (Bridging the Gap)
27. Jimi Hendrix: Mojo Man (People, Hell and Angels)
28. William Shatner with Henry Rollins: I Can’t Get Behind That (Has Been)
Dethklok- Duncan Hills Coffee Jingle
Serj Tankian- Beethoven’s C**t
The Virginmarys- Dead Man’s Shoes
Intronaut- A Sore Sight For Eyes
Rise Against- Broken English
The Red Chord- Demoralizer
Lamb of God- Everything to Nothing
Blink 182- What’s My Age, Again?
Suffocation- Blood Oath
Prayer for Cleansing- A Dead Soul Born
Sound City Players- Your Wife Is Calling
RATM- Fistfull of Steel
Gorillaz- Fire Coming Out of Monkey’s Head
Between the Buried and Me- The Primer
Opeth- Heir Apparent
Powershifter – Fear Factory
Cult of Personality- Living Colour