[From 7 to 8:30 p.m. Tuesday]
Cool show of all-new music tonight, from my stash and from the WHRW new release bin.
“Chapel Flies” – John Hollenbeck
“500 Crows” – Ellis Delaney
“Final Wishes” – Erica Leigh
“Johnny Cash’s Mama’s House” (acoustic) – Emily Wells
“Broken World” – Maria Gillard (featuring Scott Regan)
“Baddest Blues” – Beth Hart
“Love Like Fire” – Alexandra & the Starlight Band
“99 Shades of Crazy” – JJ Grey & Mofro
“Stuck on the Treadmill” – Richard Thompson
“No Questions” – Esquela
“Money Honey” – Aaron Neville
“Mixed Up, Shook Up Girl” – Boz Skaggs
“6-5000” – Born Ruffians
“Let the Water Do The Work” – Hey Mavis
“Everything He Says” – Arlon Bennett
“Poppies on the Table” – Seth Glier
“Be Still” – Robyn Hitchcock
Next week, I’ll chat with Gianni Napolitano of the Pine Hollows. Check them out – they have a very retro ’60s rock sound.
CHRIS PLAYED BY CHARLES BERMAN
1. What was a Hunger Artist?
2. What is Ithaca’s own form of currency called?
BonusL What is the exchange rate with the US dollar?
3. Name a voice that Mel Blanc did.
4. What is the full name of Rhode Island and why does it offend some people?
5. What part of New York State is also in France?
6. What do famous bad movie director Tommy Wiseau and Noble Prize for Literature laureate Harold Pinter have in common?
7. What is the Holy Grail?
8. Who is the richest person in the world?
Bonus: How did he or she make all that money?
9. What is Phoenix Jones known for?
10. What instrument does Mayor Matt Ryan play?
11. Who was known for wearing a hat made of fruit?
12. Name an instance on television or movie series where one character has been played by more than one actor.
13. Why do some people think that Quotations from Chairman Mao Tse-Tung was actually written by an American named Albee?
14. What was the sequel to Oedipus Rex called?
15. How did Ralph Nader rise to prominence before he started running for President?
16. What commercial product is sold for use by both humans and horses?
17. Name something that was originally a patent medicine and is still on the market?
18. What is the difference between a queen regnant and a queen consort?
19. What is the main ingredient in hot sauce?
20. What civilization invented zero?
21. For a million rollover points, convince us you have supernatural abilities.
22. Name something only one of us has read, heard, or seen.
23. Make up a game show. Point if we like it.
24. Heads or tails?
25. Name something you are not allowed to do on Facebook.
what did David Abercrombie and Ezra Fitch sell from their original New York City store?
What are Doozer constructions made of?
What was Bill Gates SAT score?
What does the acronym URL stand for?
What does name of lubricant WD-40 stand for?
What element on the periodic table has the shortest name?
MIKE MIGGITY MIKE MIKE McMIKE on the MIC
Famous Uncles of TV/Cinema (character and actor who played) a) ANSWERED
b.) Also played by a Canadian, noted for his loud car, oversized pancakes, and tobacco habitsc.) The actor who played this successful uncle also did the voice for Shredder on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. d.) This uncle performed his own hit single “Forever” with the Beach Boys.
e.) This wacky uncle really loved to laugh, but battled with equally powerful separation anxiety.
Why is an Oxford Shirt called and Oxford shirt?
What’s the only fish that can blink with both eyes at the same time?
Name a Jello Flavor that is no longer offered.
Name one of the three most valuable brand names on earth?
Who was the only non ficticious person to be a Pez head?
Who plays the Piano in the “Mad About You” theme song.
What is unusual about the list of most populous cities in Nebraska?
In which state is 2/3 of the worlds Eggplant grown?
What is the only engish word that ends with the letters “mt”?
What it the Red Hairings favortie number?
Pick up the panel
THE REDD HAIRRING
1. In the 1960 classic, Psycho, what was used to simulate the look of blood?
2. How many people in the original Texas Chainsaw Masacre are killed by a chainsaw?
3. How many times in the 1992 version of Dracula does Mina, Dracula’s love interest, say his
4. In The Creature of the Black Lagoon, what was the physical appearance of the Creature based
5. Which Stephen King novel did he say this quote about, “If I had my way about it, I still would not
have published [BLANK]. I don’t like it. It’s a terrible book—not in terms of the writing, but it just
spirals down into darkness. It seems to be saying nothing works and nothing is worth it, and I
don’t really believe that.”
6. In the 1983 film Christine, what model car is Christine?
7. Who did Edgar Allan Poe say his grandfather was while a student at West Point?
8. What was the earliest film to depict an LSD trip?
9. When was the 1978 horror film Halloween shot?
10. How many times is the phrase, “Elm Street” said in the original Nightmare on Elm Street
11. In the 1995 film Casper, what is Casper’s last name?
Crazy Little Thing Called Love – Queen
Cryin’ – Aerosmith
Won’t Get Fooled Again – The Who
Peace of Mind – Boston
Wheel In The Sky – Journey
Juke Box Hero – Foreigner
TALES FROM THE SECOND CHANCE BIN
Losing Sleep – Pocket Theory (Worth A Listen)
Half The Man – The Pledge (Worth A Listen)
The Cisco Kid – War
Don’t Stop – Fleetwood Mac
Architects and Engineers – Guster
Kiss Me Deadly – Reel Big Fish
Don’t Let Me Fall Behind – Jukebox the Ghost
Party Rock Anthem – LMFAO (feat. Lauren Bennett & GoonRock)
Do It Anyway – Ben Folds Five
New York City – Punch Brothers
Hoppípolla – Sigur Rós
Harper Lee – Little Green Cars
DJ ANGO’S PICKS
Come All You Weary – Thrice
Nobody Weird Like Me – Red Hot Chili Peppers
“Miss You”- The Rolling Stones
“Paparazzi (Live/Acoustic)”- Lady Gaga
“King For A Day”- Green Day
“All I Have”- Jennifer Lopez ft LL Cool J
“Misery”- Pink ft Steven Tyler
“Rag Doll”- The Four Seasons
“The Lovely Linda”- Paul McCartney
“Blister In The Sun”- The Violent Femmes
“Moon River”- Audrey Hepburn
“The Way”- Fastball
“I Was Married”- Tegan and Sara
“Dark Side Of The Moon”- Pink Floyd
“Hey You”- No Doubt
“Need You Tonight”- INXS
“Blue”- Leann Rimes
“This Song Has No Title”- Elton John
“That Dont Impress Me Much”- Shania Twain
“The Boy Is Mine”- Brandy and Monica
“Our House”- The Madness
“Mr. Blue Sky”- Electric Light Orchestra
“Welcome To The Black Parade”- My Chemical Romance
“As He Climbed A Dark Mountain”- Thursday
“Stockholm Syndrome”- Blink 182
“Thnks Fr Th Mmrs”- Fall Out Boy
“What’s It Feel Like To Be A Ghost?”- Taking Back Sunday
Lava Lava- Boys Noize- Oi Oi Oi
Today is Our Life- Memory Tapes- Love Sic Disco
Still Sound- Toro Y Moi- Underneath The Pine
You Hid- Toro Y Moi- Causers Of This
I Was Never Young- Of Montreal- The Sunlandic Twins
The Repudiated Immortals- Of Montreal- The Sunlandic Twins
Catfish Blues- Jimi Hendrix- BBC Sessions
Collector- Here We Go Magic- Pigeons
California English- Vampire Weekend- Contra
English House- Fleet Foxes- Sun Giant
Nothing Even Matters- Lauryn Hill- The Miseducation Of Lauryn Hill
Crazy- Patsy Cline-
That’s The Way- Led Zeppelin- Led Zeppelin III
Go Slowly- Radiohead- In Rainbows
Cola- Toro Y Moi- Anything In Return
Portrait In 50hz- Lanu- Her 12 Faces
Eight- Grimes- Visions
Whaddit I Done- Animal Collective- Sung Tongs
College- Animal Collective- Sung Tongs
Ripped Knees- No Age- Nouns
Around The World- Red Hot Chili Peppers- Californication
Endors Toi- Tame Impala- Lonerism
Showcase- Grizzly Bear- Horn of Plenty
Artist: Song (Album)
1. The Ramones: We Want the Airwaves (Ramones Mania)
2. The Black Angels: Evil Things (Indigo Meadow)
3. Neil Young: Gallows Pole (Americana)
4. Tame Impala: Mind Mischief (Echoes: A Compendium of Modern Psychedelia)
5. Telekinesis: Ever True (Dormarion)
6. Rachel Schain: Unconventionally Yours (LilacFace)
7. Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band: 10th Avenue Freeze Out (Born to Run)
8. Devendra Banhart: Fur Hildegard von Bingen (Mala)
9. Wanda Jackson: Shakin’ All Over (Third Man Records: Promotional Singles Volume One)
10. Little Green Cars: The John Wayne (Absolute Zero)
11. Blondie: Rapture (Best of Blondie)
12. Mudhoney: Sing This Song of Joy (Vanishing Point)
13. John and Brittany: Mississippi Fred (Start Sinning)
14. Grampall Jookabox: Take Me From Diamondhead (Scientific Cricket)
15. Chic Gamine: Days and Days (Closer)
16. Thomas Dolby: Hyperactive (The Flat Earth)
17. Tarmac Adam: Chalk on Slate (The History Effect)
18. Restorations: New Old (LP2)
19. K.D. Lang: Hallelujah (Recollection)
20. Fleetwood Mac: Dust My Broom (Vintage Years)
21. Meatloaf: Hot Patootie Bless My Soul (Rocky Horror Picture Show Movie Soundtrack)
22. Lyke Giants: I’m Home (Fires Thieving Time)
23. Pere Ubu: Free White (Lady From Shanghai)
24. Jerry Lee Lewis with Ronnie Wood: Mean Old Man (Mean Old Man)
25. Boz Scaggs: So Good to be Here (Memphis)
26. Crime and the City Solution: Goddess (American Twilight)
27. Iron and Wine: Such Great Heights (Give Up)
28. Alan Wilson: My Time Ain’t Long (The Blind Owl)
29. Django Django: Hand of Man (Echoes: A Compendium of Modern Psychedelia)
30. Jimi Hendrix: Hear My Train A Comin’ (People, Hell and Angels)