[From 7-8:30 p.m. Tuesday]
Great chat with Jhakeem Haltom from Ithaca band Thousands of One, which will play 9 p.m. Friday night at Cyber Cafe West in Binghamton. Songs we played during the interview:
“Revolution at Hand”
“Race is Over”
“One More Hand”
“Hey Nah” – Rachael Sage [NEW RELEASE]
“Vertigo” – Amy Speace
“Johnny’s an Angel” – Aztec Two-Step [NEW RELEASE]
“What I Like About the South” – Oak Ridge Boys & Dukes of Dixieland [NEW RELEASE]
“Everybody Wants to Belong” – Ellis
Kinky Thought of the Week: “Waterloo Sunset” – the Kinks
“Crocodile Man” – Chris Smither
Tune in next week, when we’ll chat with local musician Jeff Stachyra about his new historical album about the wreck of the Sultana. Follow the show on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/signalwhrw
CHRIS PLAYED BY CHARLES BERMAN
1. What is phone slamming?
2. How does the game of pogs work?
3. What is both a kind of cap and a way of making a payment?
4. In 1945, what were the three Major League baseball teams in New York?
5. What is considered the first detective novel?
6. Name a current nation-state that did not exist 40 years ago?
7. What is the origin of the word October?
8. Who is the Statue of Liberty supposed to be of?
9. What caused the deaths of Julius and Ethel Rosenberg?
10. What is the difference between lager and ale?
11. English used to have another letter called a thorn. What did it look or sound like?
12. What is both something studied by anthropologists and something that can be found in a tub of yogurt?
13. Who released a song with the lyric “f—- SNL and the whole cast” — and was then invited to perform it on Saturday Night Live?
14. In the UK, hat does Her majesty’s Customs and Revenue do?
15. Ogden Nash was notable for doing what?
16. What is both a World Seroes baseball pitcher and a unit of currency?
17. what is a hobo nickel?
18. Please sing “Rasputin” by Boney M to the tune of “Greensleeves.”
19. Please describe the plot of the movie “Hancock.”
20. What do Goodluck Jonathan, Cristina Fernandez Kirchner, Teodoro Obiang Nguema, and Stephen Harper have in common?
21. Name something only one of u has read heard or seen.
22. Heads or tails.
Who do you think you are?
Are you talking to me?
Why’d you put the kids up on the table?
Do you know this guy?
What was that noise?
Are you even listening to me?
How many times do I have to tell you?
Can you believe it?
Beaver, Tree, Car?
THE OTHER PHILIP GLASS
1. Which movie title from a famous film franchise was translated into Japanese as “We don’t need a Doctor”?
2. What was the name of Data’s cat in Star Trek the Next Generation?
3. What is the origin of the term “Sooner” as a epithet for Oklahomans?
4. What was the name of the ship in the TV show Firefly?
5. What was the meaning of the Latin name for Giraffes?
6. What class are you struggling with, and why?
In 1997 James Cameron won an Oscar for which blockbuster?
In which film did Jodie Foster play FBI agent Clarice Starling?
What kind of apple has shiny green skin and is tart and crunchy?
How many U.S. states border the Gulf of Mexico?
Five. Name three of them!
____ O’hare airport is located in what state? In What city?
Frank Sinatra- Come fly with me
Elvis Presley- Blue Suede Shoes
Johnny Cash- Let the train blow the whistle
Eric Clapton- Bell bottom blues
The Beatles- Taxman
The Clash- I fought the law
Creedence Clearwater Revival- Fortunate son
The Kinks- Sunny Afternoon
The Who- My Generation
Pink Floyd- Money
Jimi Hendrix- If 6 was 9
The Beatles- Piggies
The Doors- Break on through
Weezer- The good life
The Smiths- The boy with the thorn in his side
Led Zeppelin- D’yer Mak’er
Spoon- Who makes your money
Pink Floyd-Brain damage and Eclipse
After the longest of respites. Roam these sonic hills.
Xiu Xiu- Hi [New]
Xiu Xiu- Joey’s Song [New]
Xiu Xiu- Beauty Towne [New]
Black Dice- Carnitas [New]
Panda Bear- Afterburner
Schubert-Four Impromptus No.1 in C-Minor No.2 in E-Flat Minor No.3 in G-Flat Minor No.4 in A-Flat Minor
Of Monsters and Men- Little Talks
The Mars Volta- Miranda That Ghost Just Isn’t Holy Anymore D: Con Safo
The Mars Volta- Cassandra Geminni A- Tarantarism
The Mars Volta- Cassandra Geminni: B. Plant A Nail In The Navel Stream
The Mars Volta- The Malkin Jewel [New]
Beach Fossils- Shallow
Beach Fossils- Lessons
Sonic Youth- Teenage Riot
TV on the Radio- Killer Crane
Los Campesinos- How I Taught Myself to Scream
Artist: Song (Album)
1. Birdy: Fire and Rain (Birdy)
2. Alex Winston: Locomotive (King Con)
3. Sunshine Still: Boot (The Way the World Dies)
4. Screaming Females: Rotten Apple (Ugly)
5. Mulebone: In My Time of Dying (Bluesville Sessions)
6. Taproot: No Surrender (The Episodes)
7. Iron Maiden: The Trooper (En Vivo)
8. Thomas Dolby: Hyperactive (The Sole Inhabitant)
9. Trampled by Turtles: Walt Whitman (Stars and Satellites)
10. Sarah Jaffe: Glorified High (The Body Wins
11. Drapht: We Own the Night (The Life of Riley)
12. Hills Like Elephants: Intriguing Dilemma (The Endless Charade)
13. Slim Cesna’s Auto Club: Cranston (Buried Behind the Barn)
14. Esperanza Spalding: Radio Song (Radio Music Society)
15. The Kooks: Eskimo Kiss (Junk of the Heart)
16. Passion Pit: Better Things (Chunk of Change)
17. Franz Ferdinand: Tell Her Tonight (Franz Ferdinand)
18. Revels: What Makes You Tick (Keep The Dust Down)
19. Sleigh Bells: Born to Lose (Reign of Terror)
20. The Ramones: Blitzkrieg Bop (Greatest Hits Live)
21. Go Back to the Zoo: Hey DJ (Benny Blisto)
22. Cornershop: Nonstop Radio (Urban Turban – Singhles Club)
23. Fountains of Wayne: Hackensack (Welcome Interstate Managers)