Christmas Eve in Sarajevo – Trans Siberian Orchestra
Rock and Roll is King – Electric Light Orchestra
Dancing in the Dark – Bruce Springsteen
Sharp Dressed Man – ZZ Top
Something – Paul McCartney & Eric Clapton
Hanukkah Song IV – Adam Sandler
Rocket – Def Leppard
Layla – Derek & The Dominoes
Hotel California (LIVE) – The Eagles
Journey of the Sorcerer – The Eagles (REQUEST)
Alice’s Restaurant Massacree – Arlo Guthrie
Quadrophenia: Side One – The Who
Nights In White Satin – The Moody Blues
Breakfast in America – Supertramp
Another Day in Paradise – Phil Collins
Bizarre Love Triangle – New Order
Us and Them – Pink Floyd
Do You Want to Know a Secret – The Beatles
One Slip – Pink Floyd
White Rabbit – Jefferson Airplane
That’s Life – Frank Sinatra
Sweet Disposition – The Temper Trap
Into The Wild – Wrabel
You Haunt Me (Amtrac Remix) – Sir Sly
Unsteady (Jack Novak & Stravy Remix) – X Ambassadors
Oh My Love – The Score
Just Kids – Matt Kearney
Oats In The Water – Ben Howard
Each Coming Night – Iron & Wine
Miss You – Alabama Shakes
Gemini – Alabama Shakes
Over My Head – Alabama Shakes
****************************************This space for rent
I’ve gotta start saving for retirement, after all…..
1. 'Underdog’ theme—(traditional)
2. Higher Ground—Red Hot Chili Peppers
3. (I Don’t Know Why) But I Do—Clarence “Frogmouth” Henry
4. Rip Her to Shreds—Blondie
5. Alison—Elvis Costello & the Attractions
6. Witchcraft—Frank Sinatra
7. Airport Courtesy phone—Henry Rollins
8. Try Me—James Brown & the Famous Flames
9. Hitchin’ a Ride—Green Day
10. Photograph—Ringo Starr
11. Jumpin’ Jack Flash—The Rolling Stones
—————Cover to Cover I———————
12. Rock & Roll Music—Chuck Berry
13. Rock & Roll Music—The Beach Boys
14. House of the Rising Sun—The Animals
15. Some Other Man Instead—Spin Doctors
16. I Wouldn’t Want to Be Like You—Alan Parsons Project [by request]
17. Bat Out of Hell—Meat loaf
18. Voodoo Cadillac—Southern Culture On the Skids [by request]
19. Lay It On the Line—Triumph
20. Love Me Tonight—Tom Jones
21. Please Mr. Postman—The Marvelettes
22. Can’t Help Lovin’ Dat Man—Trudy Richards
23. Brand New Key—Melanie
24. Signed, Sealed, Delivered—Stevie Wonder
25. Chattahoochee—Alan Jackson
—————Cover to Cover II——————-
26. I Want to Hold Your Hand—The Beatles
27. Komm, Gib Mir Deine Hand—The Beatles
28. Brand New Lover—Dead or Alive
29. Get a Job—The Silhouettes
30. Great Balls of Fire—Jerry Lee Lewis
31. The Road to Dundee (live)—Sydney Devine
32. Signs—Five Man Electrical Band
33. Big Bad John—Jimmy Dean
34. Ain’t No Sunshine—Bill Withers
35. Fake Friends—Joan Jett & the Blackhearts
36. The Letter—The Box Tops
37. Act Naturally—Buck Owens & the Buckaroos
39. Jerry was a Race Car Driver—Primus
40. We Want the Airwaves—Ramones
41. I’m in Love Again—Fats Domino
43. Back of My Hand (I’ve Got Your Number)—Jags
45. Don’t Stop Me Now (live)—Queen
46. Wayward Wind—Gogi Grant
47. Sexy Ways—The Midnighters
48. Shake It, Don’t Break It—Clifton Chenier
49. The Last Thing On My Mind—Tom Paxton
50. Rockit—Herbie Hancock
51. The Weight—The Band
52. Take Good Care of My Baby—Bobby Vee
53. Armed and Stupid—Meat Puppets
54. See a Little Light—Bob Mould
Playground Love by Air
Fredag by Dungen
Stillness is the Move by Dirty Projectors
Like it or Not (Version Two) by Architecture in Helsinki
Carry the Zero by Built to Spill
Liar by Built to Spill
Written in Reverse by Spoon
Keep the Car Running by Arcade Fire
On the Water by The Walkmen
Debaser by the Pixies
Sexx Laws by Beck
In My Room by Albert Hammond Jr.
Stickshifts and Safetybelts by Cake
What Would the Community Think by Cat Power
Nude as the News by Cat Power
Rose City by Viva Voce
Boys by Sky Ferreira
Gold Guns Girls by Metric
Heart of Glass by Blondie
Omen by Disclosure feat. Sam Smith
Killer Queen by Queen
Wide Open Spaces by Dixie Chicks
Alright by John Legend
Strawberry Fields Forever by The Beatles
The Trouble With Love Is by Kelly Clarkson
God Only Knows by The Beach Boys
Jenny Was a Friend of Mine by the Killers
Soul Meets Body by Death Cab for Cutie
Carlton & The Stones – Love Me Forever
Bob Andy @ Marcia Griffiths – Always Together
The Cables – What Kind of World
Winston Francis – Mister Fix It
Gregory Issacs – Night Nurse
Gregory Issacs – Dread Lock Love Affair
Don Evans and The Paragons – Danger In Your Eyes
Slim Smith – Rougher Yet
Horace Andy – Something’s on my Mind
Culture – Natty Dread naw run
Don Carlos – Prophecy Version
Peter Tosh – Downpressor Man
Burning Spear – I and I Survive
Lone Ranger – Love Bump
The Abyssianians – Declaration of Rights
The Gladiators – Roots Natty
Just me, no guest or apprentice, for three hours.
Promo for Chris Trapper show Friday night in Syracuse – find out more at christrapper.com.
Chris Trapper – “Symphonies of Dirt and Dust” (Symphonies of Dirt and Dust)
Chris Trapper – “Best In Me” (Symphonies of Dirt and Dust)
Chris Trapper – “Into the Bright Lights” (Symphonies of Dirt and Dust)
Chris Trapper – “Not the End of the World” (Symphonies of Dirt and Dust)
Chris Trapper – “Blind Leading the Blind” (Symphonies of Dirt and Dust)
Chris Trapper – “Wish I Was Cool” (Hey You)
Chris Trapper – “House Next to the Drive-In” (Songs from the Drive-In)
Chris Trapper – “All Time Favorite” (Gone Again)
Chris Trapper – “Gone Again” (Gone Again)
From there, a free-for-all.
Mike Laureanno – “Road Signs” (Road Signs)
David Roth – “Does Joni Mitchell Ever Mow the Lawn” (So Far, So Good)
Avery Hill – “Summer 1957” (Dreams & Ghosts: A Family Album)
Freebo – “Funk Up the Folk” (If Not Now When)
Harpeth Rising – “Dance Me to the End of Love” (Shifted)
Peter Mayer – “Dr. Seuss” (Third Street)
Peter Keane – “Sitting On Top of the World” (Rural Electrification)
Chapin Sisters – “Chasing the Rain” (Today’s Not Yesterday)
Jaye Bartell – “Dance With Me” (Loyalty)
The Wainwright Sisters – “Runs in the Family” (Songs in the Dark)
Falls – “Better Way to Go” (Omaha)
Paul Smith & The Intimations – “Fill In the Blanks” (Contradictions)
Anton Fig – “Know Where You Go” (Figments)
The Jigsaw Seen – “Have a Wonderful Day” (single)
Mod Hippie – “Let It Out (Let It All Hang Out)” (Tomorrow Then)
Summer Children – “The Bluest Heart” (On the Go With Summer Children)
K’s Choice – “Gimme Real” (The Phantom Cowboy)
Matt Borrello – “Steady Rolling” (A Dollar & A Kiss)
Anna Elizabeth Laube – “Already There” (Anna Laube)
Katie Dahl – “Snakes” (Ordinary Band)
Vance Gilbert – “Prelude to a Kiss” (Nearness of You)
And an all-British last segment.
Silverclub – “Fine Print” (Silverclub)
Silverclub – “Gone” (Silverclub)
Space – “She’s In Love with the Boy in a Bodybag” (Attack of the Mutant 50 Ft. Kebab)
The Zutons – “Pressure Point” (Who Killed … The Zutons?)
Josephine – “Pepper Shaker” (Portrait)
XTC – “Life Begins at the Hop” (Drums and Wires)
Thomas Dolby – “The Toad Lickers” (A Map of the Floating City)
The Stone Roses – “I Wanna Be Adored” (The Complete Stone Roses)
Spottiswoode & His Enemies – “Happy Where I Am” (Wild Goosechase Expedition)
Ending with the traditional …
Ray Davies – “Thanksgiving Day” (Other People’s Lives)
Chris Played by Charles Berman
1. What is an intranet?
2. What is both a podiatric problem and a legendary American character?
3. How does the game Balderdash work?
4. What is an eruv?
5. What is a felis domesticus?
6. What is the difference between the degrees of murder?
7. What is the difference between the degrees of a burn?
8. What is Arbor Day?
9. What is the Paulding Light?
10. What does [sic] mean?
11. What is both a toy company and a former Major League Baseball player?
12. What does it mean to cream butter?
13. What is Bayes’ theorm?
14. What is the difference between a theologist and an ictheologist?
15. What is a rolodex?
16. In computing, what is a “buddy list?”
17. What company makes SPAM?
-What act regulates Spam in the US?
-What does it stand for?
18. Borat was supposed to be from what country?
19. Why is it difficult to find a size 46 scarf in New York State?
20. What is a Green Dot Card?
21. What are you thankful for?
21b. How did Rich David get so rich?
22. Name something only one of us has read/heard/seen.
23. Why should you win?
24. Heads or tails?
Doc Sonic’s questions:
What sport is most frequently featured in John Irving novels?
What are baby sharks known as?
What is fashion designer Ralph Lauren’s real name?
What Marvel comic book did Iron Man first appear in?
Who hosted The Daily Show before Jon Stewart?
Who hosted the Late Late Show on CBS before Craig Ferguson?
Is This A Band?
Persistent Parachute Bandits
Smarty Pants and the Einstein Five
Space Junk Truckers
Twitch the Intern
1. Which is the only current state flag which is 2-sided (different on opposite sides)?
2. This is the 42nd anniversary of the discovery of the most famous Australopithicus afarensis. How did ‘Lucy’ get her name?
3. On ‘Star Trek: TNG’, what was the name of Data’s “brother”?
4. Where in the US is area code 666 currently being used?
5. How many towns in the US are named ‘Hell’?
6. Which country is the world’s leading producer of cork?
7. When first printed in 1455, there were around 180 copies. Today, only 49 are known to exist. What is the name of the book?
8. From the Three Stooges, what was Curly Howard’s actual first name?
9. Name this movie: (1984) A country music star (Dolly Parton) must turn an obnoxious NY cab driver (Sylvester Stallone) into a singer in order to win a bet.
10. If you’re so inclined, you can now buy a 4-pack of ‘granny panties’ ($160)…Who is pictured on this underwear?
1) The Man Who Sold the World- Nirvana
2) Only Sixteen- Sam Cooke
3) Forgiven/Forgotten- Angel Olsen
4) Take Me Out- Franz Ferdinand
5) I’ve Been Waiting For Her- Mac DeMarco
6) Bedroom Eyes- Dum Dum Girls
7) Brian Wilson- Barenaked Ladies
8) All I Have To Do Is Dream- The Everly Brothers
9) Trippy Gum- Hinds
10) Penetrating Eye- Thee Oh Sees
11) Last Nite- The Strokes
12) Wrong 'Em Boyo- The Clash
13) Elevator Operator- Courtney Barnett
14) In The Darkness- Foxygen
15) Today- Smashing Pumpkins
16) Right As Rain- Adele
17) Suffering You, Suffering Me- Slow Club
18) Love Is a Losing Game- Amy Winehouse
19) White Sky- Vampire Weekend
20) How Are You- SoKo
21) Comment te Dire Adieu?- Francoise Hardy
22) Champagne Supernova- Oasis
From “Magical Mystery Tour” by The Beatles
23) Fool on the Hill
24) Your Mother Should Know
25) Strawberry Fields Forever
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!
Correction from last week: Jonathan Tunick did the orchestration for Company and George Furth was the playwright.
“Kathleen” – Josh Ritter
“Girl In The War” -Josh Ritter
From the live album On the Night by the Dire Straits
“Romeo and Juliet”
“Walk of Life”
From the album Turn the Radio Off by Reel Big Fish
“Snoop Dog, Baby”
“Somewhere in the Between” – Streetlight Manifesto
“Plastic Cup Politics” – Less Than Jake
*From the album Gorillaz by Gorillaz
“Mansard Roof” – Vampire Weekend
From the compilation album Chronicle by Creedence Clearwater Revival
“Bad Moon Rising”
“Down on the Corner”
From the album Heavier Things by John Mayer
“Bigger Than My Body”
From the album Parachutes by Coldplay
Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick- Ian Dury
American Girl- Everclear
I Don’t Like Mondays- The Boomtown Rats
She’s Leaving Home- Billy Bragg and Cara Tivey
Can’t Feel My Face- The Weeknd
With or Without You- U2
Nobody Home- Rodger Waters
Let My Love Open the Door- Pete Townsend
Kiss Me Deadly- Generation X
Ordinary Life- Simple Plan
You Suck At Love- Simple Plan
Safe European Home- The Clash
Don’t You (Forget About Me)- Simple Minds
All Out of Love(Cover)- Me First and the Gimme Gimmes
Wipe Out- The Ventures
So Jersey- The Bouncing Souls
Anyone for Tennis- Cream
Your Song- Pocket Change
Here in Your Bedroom- Goldfinger
The Motivation Proclamation- Good Charlotte
Please, Please, Please Let Me Get I What – The Smiths
King of Carrot Flowers, Pt. 1 – Neutral Milk Hotel
Space Travel Is Boring – Modest Mouse
Arbeit Macht Frei – The Libertines
Orange Julius – Joyce Manor
It’s Not Fair – Screaming Females
Fell In Love With A Girl – The White Stripes
Vaseline – Elastica
Distance Equals Rate Times Time – Pixies
Might – Modest Mouse
Trompe Le Monde – Pixies
Hypnotize – The White Stripes
Jobless Monday – Mitski
Dead Oaks – Now, Now
Hop A Plane – Tegan And Sara
Kiss With A Fist – Florence + The Machine
Why Bother? – Weezer
Crazy For You – Best Coast
Aqua Profonda! – Courtney Barnett
Been A Son – Nirvana
Tame – Pixies
Very Ape – Nirvana
Song 2 – Blur
Pin – Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Mr. Grieves – Pixies
Young Lion – Vampire Weekend
Ooo – Karen O
Wild Charms – The Kills
Sweet Sweet – The Smashing Pumpkins
Teenage Girl – Cherry Glazerr
Nangs – Tame Impala
Infinite Love Without Fulfillment – Grimes
Morocco – Moon Taxi
The New Black – Moon Taxi
Inhaler – Foals
My Number – Foals
Dance With Me – Ra Ra Riot
Hold On – Alabama Shakes
Electric Love – BORNS