Ramones-Do You Wanna Dance
Flat Duo Jets-Riot In Cell Block No 9
Flaming Groovies-Tallahassee Lassie
Elvis Hitler-Ballad Of The Green Berets
Naked City feat John Zorn-A Shot In The Dark
The Omega Men-My Favorite Dean Martian
Man Or Astro Man-MST3K Theme Song
Jeff The Brotherhood-Voyage Into Dreams
White Reaper-Make Me Wanna Die
Speedy Ortiz-Raising The Skate
Fever Tree-I Can’t Beat Your Drum
The Nomads-From Zero Down
The Sonics-Introduction To The Sonics/The Witch
Billy Synth & The Turn-Ups-I Dig Your Mind
Jay Reatard-Fluorescent Gray
Jonathan Richman-I Was Dancing In The Lesbian Bar
The Slits-I Heard It Throught The Grapevine
Part Time-I Saw Her Standing There
Dumb Angel-Tomorrow Never Knows
The Replacements-Take Me To The Hospital
Roy Brown & Mighty Mighy Men-Butcher Pete
The Marcels-Betty Lou
Little Richard & The Upsetters-Baby
Black Pistol Fire-Rip It Up
The Cramps-She Said
Camper Van Beethoven-The Day That Lassie Went To The Moon
Me First & The Gimmie Gimmies-They’re Coming To America
Bunker Hill & Link Wray-Little Red Riding Hood
The Sparkles-No Friend Of Mine
The Creeps-You’ve Got Me Going
The Lyres-We Sell Soul
Jon Spencer Blues Explosion-Blues Power/Do The Get Down
The Buzzcocks-Ever Fallen In Love With Someone (With Someone You Shouldnt’ve)?
Sonic Youth-Bull In The Heather
Nobunny-Do The Stooges
Bob Log III-Ooh Ah Ooo Uh
Japanther-The Drums Deliver
Black Diamond Heavies-Nutbush City Limits
The Chrome Cranks-Lo End Buzz
Tom Waits-The Return Of Jackie & Judy
UK Subs-Little Red Book
The Jam-Batman Theme
The Meat Dept-The Monster’s Gonna Get You
Shig Pit-Fight For You Macho Man
Fiends-Cross County Canyon Leapin’
Circle Jerks-Put A Little Love In Your Heart
Alley Cats-Nothing Means Nothing Anymore
Oingo Boingo-Ain’t This The Life
Exploring my love of downtempo and dubstep. Buckethead is definitely still on the menu
Tori Amos – Wednesday
Beirut – A Sunday Smile
New Order – Blue Monday
Morrissey – Every Day is Like Sunday
Crowded House – Saturday Sun
Morphine – Thursday
School of Fish – 3 Strange Days
Zac Brown Band – Chicken Fried
Mamas & the Papas – Monday, Monday
Sam Cooke – Saturday Night
David Bowie – Love you Till Tuesday
Tina & Ike Turner – Nutbush City Limits
Stone Temple Pilots – Days of the Week
De La Soul – A rollerskating jam called Saturday
Velella Velella – Alex Boom Selector
Billy Joel – You May Be Right
Sheryl Crow – All I Wanna Do
Blur – Sunday Sunday
Scorpions – Loving You Sunday Morning
Death Cab for Cutie – Monday Morning
Stevie Wonder – Tuesday Heartbreak
The Undertones – Wednesday Week
David Bowie – Thursday’s Child
Stephen Colbert, The Roots & Jimmy Fallon – Friday
Bay City Rollers – Saturday Night
No Doubt – Sunday Morning
The Clash – Police on my back
Elvis Costello – Wednesday Week
Blondie – Sunday Girl
The Strokes – Taken for a Fool
Squeeze – Up the Junction
Neko Case – Bracing for Sunday
Beck – Sunday Sun
Simon & Garfunkel – Wednesday 3 AM
Lily Allen – Friday Night
The Cure – Friday I’m in Love
Spottiswoode & His Enemies – Beautiful Monday
Johnny Cash – Wednesday Car
U2 – Sunday Bloody Sunday
Jimmy Eat World – A Sunday
Rolling Stones – Ruby Tuesday
Etta James – Stormy Monday
Mike Doughty – Wednesday
Joe Jackson – Sunday Papers
Flight of the Conchords – Business Time
The Jam – Saturday’s Kids
Franz Ferdinand – Call Me (Live) for Debbie Harry’s 70th Birthday!
Started off the show with some Woody Guthrie vinyl, in honor of the opening of “Woody Guthrie’s American Song” at Chenango River Theatre in Greene.
Woody Guthrie – “Howdido” (1940-1946 Original Recordings Made By Woody Guthrie)
Woody Guthrie – “Pretty Boy Floyd” (1940-1946 Original Recordings Made By Woody Guthrie)
Woody Guthrie – “Hard Travelin’”(1940-1946 Original Recordings Made By Woody Guthrie)
Woody Guthrie – “Better World”(1940-1946 Original Recordings Made By Woody Guthrie)
Woody Guthrie – “This Land is Your Land” (1940-1946 Original Recordings Made By Woody Guthrie)
From there, I shared a bunch of new music, two tracks at a time (with one exception).
Spuyten Duyvil – “Keep Your Skillet Good and Greasy” (The Social Music Hour Vol. 1)
Spuyten Duyvil – “Barbara Allen” (The Social Music Hour Vol. 1)
Louie Ludwig with The Moss Pickers – “(Why Do) Crows (Always Seem to Come Out on Cloudy Days)” (Elevation 13)
Louie Ludwig with The Moss Pickers – “Death and the Devil” (Elevation 13)
Neptune’s Car – “Saugerties, New York” (The 45th Parallel)
Neptune’s Car – “Fly Fishing the Big Hole” (The 45th Parallel)
Hungrytown – “Hard Way to Learn” (Further West)
Hungrytown – “Day for Night” (Further West)
Roy Schneider – “Under the Lights of the Angels” (Ten from the Pen)
Roy Schneider – “Simon Says” (Ten from the Pen)
Katie Dahl – “The Ballad of the Lazy Susan and the Dumbwaiter” (Ordinary Band)
Katie Dahl – “Young Men” (Ordinary Band)
Natasha Borzilova – “Life Simplified” (Wilder Days)
Natasha Borzilova – “Never Going Home” (Wilder Days)
Motopony – “Welcome You” (Welcome You)
Motopony – “Daylights Gone” (Welcome You)
Motopony – “Slo-Mo Hoverbike Highway Escape from Newspade City” (Welcome You)
The Duhks – “Suffer No Fools” (Beyond the Blue)
The Duhks – “Black Mountain Lullaby” (Beyond the Blue)
Roy Rogers – “Dark Angels” (Into the Wild Blue)
Roy Rogers – “Last Go-Round” (Into the Wild Blue)
Merry Hell – “Summer is A-Comin’” (The Ghost in Our House and Other Stories)
Merry Hell – “Out of My Mind” (The Ghost in Our House and Other Stories)
Jason Heath & The Greedy Souls – “Armageddon Town” (A Season Undone)
Jason Heath & The Greedy Souls – “Turn On (The Radio)” (A Season Undone)
Steve Spurgin – “The Sky and the Cross” (Solo Flight)
Steve Spurgin – “Sing Me a Song About Home” (Solo Flight)
Steve Earle & The Dukes – “You’re the Best Lover that I Ever Had” (Terraplane)
Steve Earle & The Dukes – “Go Go Boots are Back” (Terraplane)
Adam Michael Rothberg – “Only Human” (Soul of a Man)
Adam Michael Rothberg – “Postcards from the Moon” (Soul of a Man)
The Kentucky Headhunters with Johnnie Johnson – “Walking with the Wolf” (Meet Me in Bluesland)
The Kentucky Headhunters with Johnnie Johnson – “Superman Blues”(Meet Me in Bluesland)
The Bellamy Brothers – “Do You Love As Good as You Look” (40 Years: The Album)
The Bellamy Brothers – “Texas Girls” (40 Years: The Album)
Ray Wylie Hubbard – “Stone Blind Horses” (The Ruffian’s Misfortune)
Ray Wylie Hubbard – “Hey Mama, My Time Ain’t Long” (The Ruffian’s Misfortune)
Mike Doughty – “Light Will Keep Your Heart Beating in the Future” (Stellar Motel)
Mike Doughty – “These Are Your Friends” (Stellar Motel)
Chris Played by Charles Berman
1. Who was the president of the Confederacy?
2. What is witch hazel?
3. Which US state or territory has the highest percentage of Spanish speaking?
4. In baseball, what is a balk?
5. In baseball, what happens when the ball hits the runner?
6. Name a movie that was adapted from a book with a different title.
7. What does gesundheit mean?
8. In The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, what does The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy have written on the cover?
9. What is a layman?
10. What are windings?
11. What is a Scotch egg?
12. Name another food named after a place.
13. Why is Jesus called Christ even though that wasn’t Joseph’s last name?
14. Where is prostitution legal?
15. What was Edgar Allan Poe’s only novel?
16. What is both a number and a food?
17. Why does the film director Roman Polanski not come the United States?
18. Why is beer bubbly?
19. On what island is the statue of liberty?
20. What is a continental breakfast?
21. How did Rich David get so rich?
22. Name something only one of us has read/heard/seen.
23. Why should you win?
24. Heads or tails?
Doc Sonic’s questions:
What British action movie star spent 16 years on the British national diving team before becoming an actor?
What dam was built during the 1930s, creating Lake Mead?
Which country has more volcanoes than any other?
Who played Lex Luthor in the 2006 movie Superman Returns.
“Coffee is for closers” is a line from what play?
What former Russian president has an Indie band named after him?
Is This A Band?
Secret Decoder Rings
8-Bit Bomb Squad
Twitch the Intern
1. Which state is the largest producer of peanuts in the US?
2. What is Nadya Suleman famous for having done in 2009?
3. On ‘Magnum, P.I.’, what was Magnum’s first name?
4. Which two bodies of water are connected by the Suez Canal?
5. How many times was Billy Martin hired (and fired) as manager of the Yankees by George Steinbrenner?
6. Which check-out isle item was the first in grocery stores to carry a bar code?
7. Of the 44 US Presidents, how many served as a General in the army?
8. Whose epitaph reads, “I never met a man I didn’t like”?
9. The Toledo Mud Hens are the AAA-affiliate of the Detroit Tigers. What is a ‘mud hen’?
10. In prehistoric times (Carboniferous/early Permian), insects could grow to enormous size. According to biologists, why don’t giant insects exist today?
Artist: Song (Album)
1. Michelle Blades: Ataraxia (Ataraxia)
2. Talk in Tongues: Time’s Still (For No One Yet) (Alone with a Friend)
3. Omar Coleman: Man Like Me (Born and Raised)
4. Steve Earle and the Dukes: King of the Blues (Terraplane)
5. The Who: 5:15 (Quadrophenia)
6. Duke Garwood: Night Flight (Physical Graffiti Redrawn)
7. Oh Mercy: Without You (When We Talk About Love)
8. Steeleye Span: Thomas the Rhymer (Hard Goods)
9. Parlour Tricks: Lovesongs (Broken Hearts / Bones)
10. Space Heater: Here Comes Your Man (Eventually)
11. Yes: Beyond and Before (Yes)
12. Kentucky Headhunters: Shufflin’ Back to Memphis (Meet Me in Bluesland)
13. Great Shapes: Low (Murmuration)
14. Wild Yaks: Paradise (Rejoice! God Loves Wild Yaks)
15. Muse: Reapers (Drones)
16. Nadine Shah: Stealing Cars (Modern Life is Rubbish)
17. Halfway: Honey I Like You (Any Old Love)
18. Mott the Hoople: All the Young Dudes (Good Vibrations)
19. Holychild: Happy With Me (The Shape of Brat Pop To Come)
20. Archivex: Miracles (Some Ungodly Hour)
21. Jorma Kaukonen: Death Don’t Have No Mercy (Too Hot to Handle)
22. FFS (Franz Ferdinand and Sparks): Johnny Delusional (FFS)
23. Tough Age: Snakes and Ladders (I Get the Feeling Central)
24. Good Old War: Broken Record (Broken into Better Shape)
25. Jessica Lee Wilkes: Something’s Goin’ On (Lone Wolf)
The Dwarf Invasion – 6/29/2015 10pm-1am
Karen O & The Kids – “Capsize” Where The Wild Thing Are (Soundtrack)
Cut Copy – “Midnight Runner“In Ghost Colours
I Am Spoonbender – “Re-dial Remember” Shown Actual Size
Broken Spindels – “Empty Bottle” S/t
Cage – “Grand Ol Party” Hell’s Winter (Instrumentals
The Faint – “Your Retro Career” Dance Macbre
The Snake Trap – “Coax The Goat”
The Redneck Manifesto – “2” Rmnmn
The Microphones – “Samurai Sword” The Glow Part 2
Riddles Of Steel – “Kissing In Secret” Python
Dios (Malos) – “Feels Good Being Somebody” S/t
Steve Burns – “Superstrings” Songs For Dustmites
Pop Star Kids – “Special Thing” The Rise And Fall Of…
Matt & Kim – “Am/fm Sound” Side Walks
Baby Gopal – “A Port In Any Storm” Fearless
Palomar – “Minory Song” Palomar Iii
Plavu – “Falling Sun” Life Instructions Enclosed
The Moldy Peaches – “The Ballad Of Helen Keller & Rip Vanwinkle” S/t
Lucero – “It Gets The Worst At Night” S/t
The Duhks – “Love Is The Seventh Wave”
Dropkick Murphy’s – “The Rocky Road To Dublin” Sing Loud, Sing Proud
Face To Face – “Bill Of Goods” How To Ruin Everthing
Challenger – “The Trojan Horse” Give The People What They Want In Lethal Doses
The Promise Ring – “Emergency Emergency” Very Emergency
Alligator Gun – “Flinch” Onehundredpercentfreak
Hot Rod Circuit – “Unfaithful” Reality’s Coming Through
Promise Ring – “The Deep South” Very Emergency
Archers Of Loaf – “Web In Front” Icky Mettle
Jawvreaker – “Million“Dear You
At The Drive In – “Doorman’s Placebo” This Station Is Non-operational
Snapcase – “Priceless” Progression Through Unlearning
Babes In Toyland – “Never” Spank Machine
The Ghost Wolves – “I’m Yo Mudda” Man, Women,beast
The Sick Lipstick – “Thigh Master, I’m Yr Master” Sting Sting Sting
Witchcraft – “Please Don’t Forget Me” S/t
Depeche Mode – “Stripped 7” Version” The Singles
The Strokes – “Try Your Luck” Is This It
The Rapture – “Love Is All” Echoes
Modest Mouse – “The Ground Walks With Time In A Box” Strangers To Ourselves
Foo Fighers – “Everlong” The Colour And The Shape
Jimmy Nelson – Routine for Danny O’Day and Farfel
Animal Collective – #1
Mac Demarco – European Vegas
Beat Happening – TV Girl
Dinosaur Jr – Get Me
Grateful Dead – Attics of my Life
The Smiths – Frankly Mr Shankly
The Smiths- Ruffians
Joy Division – Atmosphere
Joy Division – Love Will Tear Us Apart
Mudhoney – In and Out the Grace
Radiohead – Karma Police
Radiohead – No Surprise
The Velvet Underground – Pale Blue Eyes
Beat Happeing – Sea Hunt
Pavement – Filmore Jive
Nirvana – Radio Friendly Unit Shifter
Panda Bear – Selfish Gene
Panda Bear – Cheap Trick
Panda Bear – Tropic of Cancer
Superchunk – Precision Auto
The Flaming Lips – Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots
Body/Head – Murderess
The Breeders – Cannonball
Bikini Kill – Rebel Girl
Hole – Doll Parts
Unwound – Kantina
Make Up – I am Pentagon
Pulp – Common People
Blur – Charmless Man
Echo and the Bunnymen – A Promise
Sonic Youth – Madonna, Sean, and Me
Birds gotta fly, fish gotta swim, haters gotta hate…Nothing bothers me anymore…
1. Werewolves of London—Warren Zevon
2. The Kids are Alright—The Who
3. Take Me to the River—Talking Heads
4. The Joker—Steve Miller Band
5 Can’t Stand Losing You—The Police
6. These Boots Were Made for Walking—Nancy Sinatra
8. Valleri—The Monkees
—————Cover to Cover I———————
9. Blowin’ in the Wind—Bob Dylan
10. Blowin’ in the Wind—Eddie Albert
11. What it Takes—Aerosmith
12. Since U Been Gone—Kelly Clarkson
13. Operator (That’s Not the Way It Feels)—Jim Croce
14. Least Complicated—Indigo Girls
15. Share the Land—The Guess Who
16. New York, New York—Frank Sinatra
17. (The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes—Elvis Costello & the Attractions
18. Island Girl—Elton John
19. Love Her Madly—The Doors
20. Top of the World—Carpenters [by request: Roscoe]
21. Let’s Go—The Cars
22. Denise—Randy & the Rainbows
23. Loverboy—Billy Ocean
—————Cover to Cover II——————-
24. Always Something There to Remind Me—Dionne Warwick
25. Always Something There to Remind Me—Naked Eyes
26. Tarzan Boy—Baltimora
27. Sweet Sixteen—Billy Idol
28. Better Not Look Down—B.B. King
29. Don’t Turn Around—Ace of Base
30. Addicted to Spuds—“Weird Al” Yankovic
31. The Streetbeater—Quincy Jones
32. The Spirit of Radio (live)—Rush [by request: Conklin]
33. Last Train to Skaville—The Ethiopians
34. Let It Ride—Bachman-Turner Overdrive
35. I Won’t Stand in Your Way—Stray Cats
36. Wild Boys—Duran Duran
37. (Ghost) Riders in the Sky—Johnny Cash
38. Major Tom (Coming Home)—Peter Schilling
—————Cover to Cover III——————
39. The Sound of Silence—Simon & Garfunkel
40. The Sound of Silence—The Dickies
41. Under Pressure—Queen (feat. David Bowie)
42. Be Good to Yourself—Journey
43. It’s Not Unusual—Tom Jones [by request: Endicott]
44. Get Off of My Cloud—The Rolling Stones
45. Out of Sync—Devo
46. Twenty-Five Miles—Edwin Starr
47. Divide and Conquer—Husker Du
Allah-Las – Buffalo Nickel
Sufjan Stevens – Chicago (Acoustic)
Kins – Aimless
Radiohead – Weird Fishes and Arpeggi
Pearl Jam – Yellow Ledbetter
Nirvana – Where Did You Sleep Last Night (from Unplugged)
The National – Beautiful Head
The National – Fake Empire
Explosions In The Sky – It’s Natural To Be Afraid (With Lost For Words Pt. 2 by Paul Morley Played over it)
The National – Start A War
Explosions In The Sky – Be Comfortable Creature
Beck – Gameboy/Homeboy (Que Onda Guero Remix)
Boards of Canada – in a beautiful place out in the country (vinyl!)
Godspeed You! Black Emperor – The Dead Flag Blues
Explosions In The Sky – Human Qualities (With Lost For Words Pt. 3 by Paul Morley Played over it)
Explosions In The Sky – Postcard From 1952 (With Lost For Words Pt. 4 by Paul Morley Played over it)
Torey’s Distraction – The Album Leaf
Celebration – The Album Leaf
BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad – Moon On The Water
Death Cab for Cutie – You’ve Haunted Me All My Life
The Aggrolites – Work to Do
Iron And Wine – Half Moon (Live From Tiny Desk Concert)
Hozier – Cherry Wine
Sufjan Stevens – All The Trees of the Field Will Clap Their Hands
Porcupine Tree – Lazarus (Live from We Lost The Skyline)
Delta Spirit – California
Delta Spirit – House Built For Two
Vetiver – I Must Be In A Good Place Now
Guster – Long Night
Suite Bergamasque, L. 75: III. Clair De Lune – Claude Debussy