Fifth annual music festival on the last day of Binghamton University classes to commemorate the WHRW Prophet Moe Loogham!
– How To Dress Well 8 PM
– Jizzy Fra 7:15 PM
– Prime Ordeal 6:30 PM
– Freestyle Collective (with House Band) 5:45 PM
Join us at the Peace Quad starting at 12 PM.
From 1 – 4 there will be free cotton candy and popcorn.
Student groups are welcome to start tabling at 4 PM (please email PR@whrwfm.org for more information)
Food Co-Op will provide food and beverages
Free for all students, faculty and members of the community!
WHRW’s 14th Annual Paul J. Battaglia Memorial Marathon will take place TODAY, Friday March 13th at 1PM, until Saturday, March 14th at 1PM! Listen in for games, fun, moe and Paul! More info can be found at the Facebook Event link below.
Another week of just me.
First a Spottiswoode set in honor of his return to Felicia’s Atomic Lounge (atomicloungeithaca.com) on Sunday night.
Spottiswoode – “Got Soul” (Blaze of Glory)
Spottiswoode – “Nothing’s Gonna Stop Me” (Blaze of Glory)
Spottiswoode – “Off the Merry-Go-Round” (Blaze of Glory)
Spottiswoode – “Oh My Love” (Blaze of Glory)
Spottiswoode – “You Did the Right Thing” (Blaze of Glory)
Spottiswoode & His Enemies – “Play Me In Your Bedroom” (Building a Road)
Spottiswoode & His Enemies – “You Will Rise Again” (Building a Road)
Spottiswoode & His Enemies – “Majesty” (English Dream)
Spottiswoode & His Enemies – “Just a Word I Use” (Wild Goosechase Expedition)
Spottiswoode & His Enemies – “In the Pouring Rain” (Salvation)
From there, a mix of new and recent tunes.
Vance Gilbert – “Moonlight in Vermont” (Nearness of You)
Vance Gilbert – “Ain’t Misbehavin’” (Nearness of You)
Vance Gilbert – “Nearness of You” (Nearness of You)
Heather Pierson Acoustic Trio – “Still She Will Fly” (Still She Will Fly)
Heather Pierson Acoustic Trio – “Make It Mine” (Still She Will Fly)
Tim May & Steve Smith – “Washboard Road” (Tim May & Steve Smith)
Spuyten Duyvil – “The Cruel War” (The Social Music Hour Vol. 1)
Joanne Lurgio – “Going with the Flow” (Rise From the Storm)
Chuck Brodsky – “My British Emily” (Tell Tale Heart)
Steve Kahn – “The Border Collie Drinking Song” (These Things)
Allison Moorer – “Have You Ever Seen the Rain?” (Down to Believing)
The Vagaband – “The Bad & The Ugly” (Town & Country)
Danny Schmidt – “Girl with Lantern Eyes” (Owls)
Ella Squirrell – “Trust is a White Dove” (Loop)
Dar Williams – “Girl of the World” (Emerald)
Folk Family Revival – “Cotton Dress” (Water Walker)
Craig Market & Thomm Jutz – “More than the Miles” (Nowhere to Hide)
Malcolm Holcombe – “Mister in Morgantown” (The RCA Sessions)
Kathy Moser – “Ghosts in the Kitchen” (Some 1 Like U)
Gene & Gayla Mills – “Daytime Stars” (Walk on Solid Ground)
The Lied To’s – “Things Aren’t Always As They Seem” (The Lied To’s)
The Milk Carton Kids – “Secrets of the Stars” (Monterey)
Laura Marling – “Don’t Let Me Bring You Down” (Short Movie)
Jacob Johnson – “The Ferryboat Waltz” (One-Take Jake)
Hey Mavis – “The Love We Give” (What I Did)
Thompson Family – “One Life at a Time” (Thompson Family)
Lizzy Hoyt – “New Lady on the Prairie” (New Lady on the Prairie)
Zak Smith – “Brand New Party” (Signs of Life)
Tom Chapin – “City of New Orleans” (70)
Dan Weber – “(I Deal With) Crazy All Day” (What I’m Lookin’ For)
And in honor of the final “Late Show with David Letterman” tomorrow night …
Warren Zevon – “Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner” (Excitable Boy)
Next week, Brian Wolff is in town and will be live in the studio with me. It’ll be a fun show.
Chris Pplayed by Charles Berman
1. Why are member of the Unification Church often called “Moonies?”
2. Give a US president’s middle name?
3. What is known as “the world’s oldest profession?
4. Why do some people think that in the US one cannot get real brie?
5. What is a therm?
6. Who is the leader of the Rent is Too Damn High Party?
What state is it in?
7. What is Joe Biden’s real full first name?
8. What is a chiopodist.
9. What is the difference between a deposit and a down payment?
10. What politician had a scandal involving:
- a dead intern? – an expensive haircut? – cheating on his cancer patient wife? – roaring onstage? – groping several male staffers at a wedding and then admitting it? – decorating his office like Downton Abbey? – wearing a sweater? – entering a tank? – crashing a car with a prostitute in it?
11. What is bandy?
12. What is the most popular participation sport in the US?
13. Name all three Pep Boys.
14. Who did the voice of Howdy Doody?
15. White out was invented by a family member of a member of what band?
16. Where does Poland Spring water come from?
17. What is a kinematograph?
18. Name a search engine other than Google, current or former.
19. What is both a kind of family member and a kind of printer?
20. What is in batteries?
20b. Name a song that becomes unsettling when you actually listen to the words?
21. How did Rich David get so rich?
22. Name something only one of us has read/heard/seen.
23. Why should you win?
24. Heads or tails?
Twitch the Intern
1. Which fast food chain celebrated its 75th anniversary last week (05/15/15)?
2. Currently, what is the cost of a US first-class ‘forever’ stamp?
3. Name the TV shows which spawned these spin-offs: ‘Mork & Mindy’, ‘Mama’s Family’, ‘The Facts of Life’, ‘Laverne & Shirley’, ‘The Jeffersons’.
4. Which (eventual) US general competed in the first modern pentathlon at the 1912 Summer Olympic games?
5. Name the first TV show on which the main characters also sang the theme song.
6. The Beatles have had the most #1 albums in history (19)…Who is in second place (13)?
7. Where did Chex cereal get its name?
8. Awkward!! Recently, a wheelchair-bound contestant on ‘The Price Is Right’ won something completely unusable. What was her prize?
9. Explain the condition known as ‘thanatosis’. [Bonus: Name an animal which exhibits this behavior.]
10. Recently, Jeb Bush claimed that what person would make the “perfect” 2016 Republican Presidential candidate? [Bonus: Why would this person not be eligible?]
Doc Sonic’s questions:
Who was the father of Cleopatra’s twins?
Leather is the traditional gift of which wedding anniversary?
What two beaches in Brazil inspired two hit songs?
What number have you rolled in a game of craps, if you roll “boxcars”?
In which country would you find the state of Tabasco?
In “My Neighbor Totoro” what kind of tree does Totoro live in?
Whose band did Bootsy Collins get a start in? And how old was he at the time?
Is This A Band?
Dirty Old Kingdom