The students are for the most part on their way out for the summer months, and we congratulate those walking at graduation over this weekend for all of their hard work over the past few years. This also means it’s time for the summer to get started here at WHRW.
The official schedule will kick off Monday morning. For returning members, as well as those who are interested in joining the station, we will be having a meeting in the station lobby (University Union, room WB06) at 5 PM on Monday, 5/22.
Today (5/8) marks the end of WHRW’s spring semester. The station now enters a “sign-up” period where DJ’s can take open slots. Some will be in different spots than normal, so tune in to see if there’s anything new. Many talk shows will be continuing through this week from 4PM-7PM. We will also be conducting technical exams for our DJ’s from 5/8-5/13 from 11am-4pm. If it sounds a little weird on air during those times, that is why.
Chris Played by Charles Berman
1. Name a well-known fictional character whose name is obviously supposed to tell you something about them.
2. In education, what are the “three Rs?”
3. What is apostolic succession?
4. What do Faber and Faber do?
5. What is the best-selling book in the world?
6. What is ice cricket?
7. Why do most legal history books refuse to credit Perry Mason with winning any cases?
8. What is the difference between paper and parchment?
9. Name a critic of of Vladimir Putin who died in suspicious circumstances.
10. What was the Amber Room?
11. What is both a wall and a now-illegal industry?
12. What is both a kind of fairy and a piece of sports equipment?
13. What was known as “The Miracle on Ice?”
14. Name a UN agency.
15. What is both a kind of pitch and kind of comedy?
16. What was Jack Ruby best known for doing?
17. What is both a historical house museum and a science museum?
18. What was the first country to allow people to vote on the internet?
- What about by text message?
19. What are SLAP laws?
20. What was the first country to elect a Marxist president?
- What happened to him?21. Call us collect.
- Tell us the location of a payphone.
22. Name something only one of us has read/heard/seen.
23. Why should you win?
24. Heads or tails.
25. Leave us a voice mail at (607) 484-7904
Doc Sonic’s questions:
What Wagner opera has the same name as a famous ghost ship?
The car company Nissan, used to be what other car company?
Who was Al Gore’s roommate at Harvard?
On what island is Mount Etna located on?
What year did the US first host the summer Olympics?
In the Star Trek universe, how many versions of The Enterprise has there been?
Is This A Band:
The Oyster Lords
The Kentucky Connection
Unca Dave Megadeath Rust In Peace
1) Holy wars The Punishment Due
3) Take No Prisoners
5) Five Magics
6) Poison Was The Cure
7) Toronado of Souls
8) Dawn Patrol
9) Rust In Peace…Polaris
10) Big Apple Dreamin Vince
11) Workin Up a Sweat Vince
12) Muscle Of Love Vince
13) Man w The Golden Gun Vince
14) Final Solution Black Label Society
15) Stillborn BLS
16) Destruction Overdrive BLS
17) Funeral Bell BLS
18) Goin Thru The Motions Blue Oyster Cult
19) Death Valley Nights BOC
20) Beginnings Chicago Transit Authority
21) Listen CTA
22) Im a Man CTA
23) Fortunate Son CCR
24) Travelin Band CCR
25) Who’ll Stop The Rain CCR
26) Run Through The Jungle CCR
27) Speed King Live Deep Purple
28) Highway Star DP
29) Hey Baby Unca Ted
30) Queen of the Forest Unca Ted
31) Just What the Dr Ordered Unca Ted