Binghamton University’s Spring semester of 2017 is under way. With all the students returning to the area, that means one thing in particular for us: WHRW will be commencing its spring programming on Monday, January 30.
Prior to that day, there will be meetings for returning members on Wednesday, 1/25, and Thursday, 1/26 at 7 PM.
If you are interested in joining WHRW to become a DJ, there will be meetings on the days listed above, both starting at 8 PM.
WHRW’s Winter 2016-2017 programming schedule is now up! Additionally, there will be a couple Very Special Shows this next week!
Tune in Sunday, Christmas Day, from 7-10 PM as WHRW’s very own Doc Sonic will present a special Christmas episode of Sonic Research Labs!
Tune in Wednesday, December 28, from 4-10 PM as WHRW and the Press & Sun-Bulletin’s Chris Kocher will have a special six-hour serving of The Signal! He will be doing a memorial show for all the great musicians we lost in 2016.
From all of us at WHRW, we wish you happy holidays!
Great to have friend of the show Brian Wolff back in the studio to talk about Fair City Fire’s big year in 2016 and where his musical endeavors will take him in the future. He’ll perform at 8:30 p.m. Thursday at McGirks Irish Pub and 8 p.m. Saturday at Ransom Steele Tavern opening for Beard of Bees.
We shared a few tracks from Fair City Fire’s debut album “The Simple Truth,” and Brian also played a few songs live.
“I Want You” (Fair City Fire)
“Under” (Fair City Fire)
“Age of Convenience” (Fair City Fire)
“Green X” (Fair City Fire)
“Strong” (Fair City Fire)
From there, we filled the last hour with new stuff.
The Marcus King Band – “Virginia” (The Marcus King Band)
Melissa Etheridge – “Wait a Minute” (Memphis Rock and Soul)
Jennifer Cutting’s Ocean Orchestra – “Johnny Has Gone Electric” (Waves)
Laura Oden – “Gracie and the TSA” (Peel Back Another Layer)
Isabel Taylor – “Take Me Flying” (Awake Again)
Jack Williams – “I’ll Be Damned” (Far Away Long Ago)
Billy Crockett – “Record Player” (Rabbit Hole)
Elva Jones-Hahn – “Better Side of the Truth” (Every Now & Then)
Julie Gold – “Southbound Train” (Sixty)
Phil Cohen & Patricia Ford – “The Guitar Player” (Threads of Gold)
The Princes of Serendip – “Every Day’s a Choice You’re Making” (Seed Maid: Sentimental Songs)
John McEuen – “My Dirty Life and Times” (Made in Brooklyn)
Robyn Hitchcock & Emma Swift – “Love is a Drag” (single)
Chris Played by Charles Berman
1. What is the most smuggled legal item?
2. Why did the restaurant Windows on the World close?
3. Why is it especially difficult for most Russians to drive to Kaliningrad?
- Why is it especially difficult for most Russians to drive to Sevastopol?
4. Name a country whose official name does not begin with “The Republic of.”
5. What is Gangnam (as in Gangnam Style)?
6. Why are many people wearing knitted pink hats lately?
7. What was Nicolas Chauvin remembered for?
8. What do Joe Biden, Martin Luther King Jr, Doris Kearns Goodwin, and Melania Trump all have in common?
9. What is both a kind of cake and a kind of pipe?
10. The New Testament was written in what language?
- What about the Quran?
- What about the Book of Mormon?
11. Who was Jerome of Sandy Cove?
12. Name an actor who died before one of their movies was released.
13. Why did President Harry S Truman never release a statement in honor of Martin Luther King Day?
14. Which US president refused calls to announce a national day of prayers for victims of a New York cholera outbreak, because it would violate the seperation of church and state?
15. Why has Burma never offically appointed an Ambassador to Myanmar?
16. What does it mean if a coin is “slabbed?”
17. Name a defunct department store.
18. What was the Jamie Kennedy Experiment?
19. Tamil Nadu, Gujarat, Kashmir, and Assam are all what?
20. What is a barramundi?21. Call us collect.
- Tell us the location of a payphone.
22. Name something only one of us has read/heard/seen.
23. Why should you win?
24. Heads or tails.
25. Leave us a voice mail at (607) 484-7904
Twitch the Intern, Scourge
1. Which Cheers cast member has a father who is a convicted murderer?
2. At the drafting of the Declaration of Independence, who was serving as President of Congress?
3. Which singer is credited with having ‘discovered’ Justin Bieber?
4. In which two US cities would you have been able to see Chief Noc-A-Homa?
5. Which is the highest-grossing movie beginning with the letter ‘Z’?
6. On Mr. Roger’s Neighborhood, Fred’s mother hand-made something which appeared on every show. What was it?
7. After 146 years, Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Circus will officially stop touring in May. In which state will they have their last performance?
8. Which famous fashion designer is credited with having designed the Nazi uniforms?
9. In a 2016 survey, it was revealed that 3% of Americans own about half of —what— in the United States?
10. What am I upset about NOW?
Doc Sonic’s questions:
What position was first held by George Clinton?
Solder is comprised of what two metals?
Clark Savage jr. was the real name of what fictional character?
A Duck Billed Platypus is one of only 3 mammals in the world that can do what?
What is the highest number on a standard roulette wheel?
What does the Bark scale measure?
Is This A Band?
Clear Plastic Masks