The students are for the most part on their way out for the summer months, and we congratulate those walking at graduation over this weekend for all of their hard work over the past few years. This also means it’s time for the summer to get started here at WHRW.
The official schedule will kick off Monday morning. For returning members, as well as those who are interested in joining the station, we will be having a meeting in the station lobby (University Union, room WB06) at 5 PM on Monday, 5/22.
Today (5/8) marks the end of WHRW’s spring semester. The station now enters a “sign-up” period where DJ’s can take open slots. Some will be in different spots than normal, so tune in to see if there’s anything new. Many talk shows will be continuing through this week from 4PM-7PM. We will also be conducting technical exams for our DJ’s from 5/8-5/13 from 11am-4pm. If it sounds a little weird on air during those times, that is why.
Chris Played by Charles Berman
1. What is cinnabar?
2. What is the difference between margerine and marjoram?
3. What is a Dalai Lama?
- What is the name of the Dalai Lama?
- How do you become a Dalai Lama?
4. Name a not-real-person who has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame?
5. What city has an abandoned, vandalized 4,100 seat baseball stadium sitting around?
6. Name a sports team name that doesn’t make any sense and why.
7. What is both a famous dog and a kind of beverage?
8. Name a room in the White House.
9. What is the only country whose flag is not a rectangle?
10. Name a TV show that was on in both black & white and color.
11. What is the difference between a monogram and a monograph?
12. Who was the only US president to have a PhD?
13. What is both a vegetable and a kind of coat?
14. What is a union suit?
15. Name a movie that we didn’t know was based on a book.
16. What theatre is The Late Show recorded at?
17. What is a codex?
18. What is a “mastaba?”
19. Why is the King James Bible used infrequentlty in Austria?
20. What is Hulk Hogan’s real name?21. Call us collect.
- Tell us the location of a payphone.
22. Name something only one of us has read/heard/seen.
23. Why should you win?
24. Heads or tails.
25. Leave us a voice mail at (607) 484-7904
Twitch the Intern, Scourge
1. How many US presidents were slaveholders?
2. Which TV character was raised at the Cookieville Minimum-Security Orphanarium?
3. Which NFL team has lost the greatest number of Super Bowls?
4. At which temperature (Fahrenheit) does paper normally combust?
5. What is the difference between ‘vibrato’ and ‘bravado’?
6. Which baseball player holds the record for most career home runs hit in the World Series?
7. The US Navy has 19 aircraft carriers. How many are there in the combined fleets of all of the other countries on Earth?
8. Name either of the two Oscar-winning actresses who have more than one #1 song.
9. In ‘Monty Python and the Holy Grail’, what is the name of the castle where Sir Galahad almost gets the chance to lose his virginity?
10. Name a cartoon character with red hair (Bonus point if it’s a character on my list).
Doc Sonic’s questions:
What are baby rabbits called?
Which composer wrote “The Young Person’s Guide To the Orchestra”?
Who became King of Italy in 1804?
“I Shall Please” is the Latin translation of what medical treatment?
What famous musician was the narrator in “The Right Stuff”
Where was “Monty Python & The Holy Grail” filmed?
Is This A Band?
The Subterfuge Council
Twilight Of Picasso
The Junkyard Hangmen
Saturday’s Space Pilots
Notorious Saints of the Golden West
In The End-Vinyl-Hybrid Theory
Krwling-Reanimation-Feat Aaron Lewis
Burning In The Skies-A Thousand Suns
Ports of Authority-Reanimation
Forget 10-Alchemist Feat Chali 2na
Talking To Myself-New Record
Waiting For The End-A Thousand Suns
A Light That Never Comes-Recharged
A Place For My Head-Vinyl-Hybrid Theory
Sam’s Top Today Tracks:
Stevie Ray Vaughan- Look at Lil Sister
Led Zeppelin- Dazed and Confused,
The Immigrant Song
Rock and Roll
Lynyrd Skynyrd- Sweet Home Alabama