Come one, come all! It’s MOEFEST time!
This Friday, April 29th, starting at 2 PM, WHRW’s annual concert extravaganza gets underway. This year, we are featuring headliner Wet with openers Porches, as well as the following student groups:
In addition to fantastic music, we will have various arts and crafts, including body painting, henna, and t-shirt tie-dying. There’ll be plenty of food provided by the Binghamton University Food Co-op. Oh, and did I mention we’ll have a VIRTUAL REALITY SIMULATOR!? You only get to use it if you show up, so do that, and enjoy the good times.
WHRW 90.5 FM is taking space downtown! Come down to Cafe Oasis this Saturday, where DJs from Binghamton University will be mixing tunes all night
Jacob Lazen (Archa) 9-9:40 pm
Mamut 9:40-10:40 pm
FRNKLN 10:40-11:30 pm
Jizzy Fra 11:30-12:30 am
Coco madison 12:30-1:30 am
Dizzy Dizzy 1:30-3 am
$5 cover, 18+
Fun show tonight with Brian McKinley riffing on the idea of songs about planes, trains and automobiles. Lots of tunes that I’m sure have never been played back to back before.
Dr. Pants – Magic Airplane
Robyn Hitchcock – I Often Dream of Trains
Rush – Red Barchetta
Liz Phair – Stratford on Guy (Airplane)
Lenny Kravitz – Freedom Train
The Beatles – Drive My Car
Space – Supersonic Jet Plane
Tom Chapin – City of New Orleans (train)
Ellis Paul – Blacktop Train (cars)
Indigo Girls – Airplane
Warren Zevon – Nighttime in the Switching Yard
Iggy Pop – The Passenger (get into the car)
Alison Krauss – Paper Airplane
The Lumineers – Morning Song (train)
Sugar – Slick (automobile)
Bjork – Aeroplane
The Walkmen – Thinking of a Dream I Had (train)
Pixies – Crackity Jones (automobile)
The Clash – Rock the Casbah (planes)
The Clash – Train in Vain
The Clash – Brand New Cadillac
MIA – Paper Planes
Johnny Cash – Orange Blossom Special (trains)
Johnny Cash – One Piece at a Time (car)
Radiohead – The Bends (aeroplane)
REM – Driver 8 (train)
Big Star – Back of a Cara
Neutral Milk Hotel – In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
The Kinks – Last of the Steam-Powered Trains
Chuck Berry – No Particular Place to Go (automobile)
Vance Gilbert – I’ve Got a Plane
The Monkees – Last Train to Clarksville
Beach Boys – Little Deuce Coupe
Luna – 23 Minutes in Brussels
Joe Crookston – Big Sky (in the middle of nowhere)
Terence Martin – Used Cars
Muddy Waters – Good Morning Little Schoolgirls (airplane)
John Coltrane – Blue Train
James Brown – It’s a Man’s Man’s Man’s World (train and a car)
Felice Brothers – Triumph ‘73
Chris Played by Charles Berman BONUS FEATURE QUESTIONS
1. What is a Barnum statement?
2. Where is Bohemia?
3. What are the Razzies?
4. What are the Aymara?
5. Where is it legal to drink coca leaf tea?
6. Name a country that has already had a woman be president or prime minister.
BONUS: Name the president or prime minister.
7. Name a character played on TV by more than one person.
8. How much is a sand dollar worth?
9. What is dianetics?
10. Moldavia is now known as what?
11. What is Christopher Columbus called in Spanish?
12. What is a whirling dervish?
13. What is a Mexican jumping bean?
14. What is ths difference between a martinet and marionette?
15. What was The United States vs. Forty Barrels and Twenty Kegs of Coca Cola about?
16. What is a trope?
17. Libraries prefer books with what-free paper?
18. Where was The King of Queens recorded?
19. How cold should the inside of a refrigerator be?
20. What were Felix and Oscar’s last names?
21. Call us collect.
- Tell us the location of a payphone.
22. Name something only one of us has read/heard/seen.
23. Why should you win?
24. Heads or tails.
25. What is the origin of the term “SABRmetrics?”
Twitch the Intern
1. In which state would you find the corporate headquarters for Wal-Mart? …Starbucks?
2. What type of animal is an ‘ant lion’?
3. How many miles above the earth’s surface would you go to find the Stratosphere?
4. When Snoopy fights the Red Baron, in which type of vintage airplane does he pretend to fly?
5. Which day of the week will Christmas fall on this year?
6. Four of the first five US Presidents came from which state?
7. Name at least three actors who were regulars on the TV show ‘Taxi’.
8. In cartoons, who is Emma Webster?
9. Which is the most abundant metal in the Earth’s crust?
10. You’re in the library looking through the ’200’ section (Dewey Decimal system). Which general category of books will you find there?
Doc Sonic’s questions:
How long does it take light from the sun to reach the earth?
What five countries border Peru?
What year did the first Planet Of The Apes Movie come out?
According to the poem, how many spectators saw Casey, strike out at the bat?
What is a group of Parrots called?
If you have a “circumorbital hematoma” what have you got?
Who was the first man to appear on the cover of Playboy magazine?
Is this a band?
Kingdom of Bureaucracy
The Weeknight Fiends